JP Schriefer

Tribute to A Nonny Moose

195 posts in this topic Last Reply

Damn a bit behind the times here.... Nonny was very helpful and made me feel welcome here on Simtropolis.   I'm not a very active member, but this was a surprise.   He will be missed.   ^_^

Oh man I just got on ST for the first time in a year and just read about this. He will be missed. He answered so many questions I had. I'm miss him. 

I'm incredibly saddened to hear of John's passing - and that it took me this long to find out.  Sending my thoughts & condolences to his family.

I remember sharing my life's joys and talking about the most random of things in his virtual cafe.  I do hope someone keeps it going in his memory.

Cancer can take a long walk off of a short cliff.

So I've not been here in ages, and I am quite sadden to learn about the passing of Nonny Moose. I didn't interact with him a whole lot but I did see him around the site a lot. He will be greatly missed. Thank you for your massive contributions to Simtropolis. Thank you and please rest in peace. cry.gif

So Let us not be sad over his passing but celebrate what he gave to us here at Simtropolis beer2.gif Cheers mate!! 

Hayley 

It's been quite a while since I've logged into simtropolis, but seeing this is just awful. Condolences to John's family, we will miss you. We've lost one of the city building community's most valued members.

A Nonny Moose was a constant. There was never a day that I logged in that didn't have him post a new message or start a new topic, and he was always the most reliably even-keeled user in our community. It's never easy to see that a pillar in our community has passed away, even if I haven't been here in ages. John will be missed dearly, and behind him he leaves a moose-shaped void which can never be fully filled.

Rest in peace, Nonny. And thank you.

We had are disagreements, but like all relationships they were fun and insightful.. I have dropped off the simtropolis seen, but was drawn back a couple months ago, and found out the sad news.. when I was a active member he gave inspiration and insight, weather it be how to work a program or OS or the finer systems to sim city. He told of his life and I would sometimes think about his life of being what I believe was a habor master.

Very sad to learn of his passing...  I didn't know John/A Nonny Moose as well as many of you seem to, but I passed quite a few slow hours at work reading his threads and posts on various Banished boards. Rest In Peace

Just saw this. Very sad to hear of his passing - he was one of the old timers here, back when I first started modding SC4 - he was always there to answer a question. Peace to you, John.

I once was very active here, and since have become a lurker.  Today I came back to lurk again to find that a good man had passed away.  I have a tremendous respect for John.  He will be remembered by this community.

I used to post some stupid stuff on this forum when I was about 12 under the name zane900. Now I do philosophy at Princeton, and, sorry to say, but I think I'm a really frickin good writer. The best here at Uni. I say this only because I learned to write by writing on forums. I learned to write on forums by emulation. And I certainly learned more from no one than A Nonny Moose. So when I for some reason decided to open Simtropolis today (for the first time in so many years...), I felt tender indeed at the news. Thank you so much, A Nonny, for what you taught me and everyone else. Rest in peace.

I've been away for two long and only just seen this.

I appreciate the times we talked and a honest and good man you were.

RIP Nonny.