• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

See who gave reputation

1. Simmer2

Simmer2

2. CT14

CT14

3. matias93

matias93

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      this is what's going on, 
      i downloaded this building from 3D warehouse, and i opened it up in sketchup2016, then i exported it as a 3Ds, then i tried importing it into BAT, BUT when it render it in BAT, it doesn't have a texture on it, it's just the shape of the building colored white.
      How do i get the texture of it to show up?
      please help, if you need more information just ask.
      please help 

here's a visual of whats going on:

• By Bad Peanut
      so I've been waiting for sub buildings to become native so I could finally finish off Flinders Street Station (from Melbourne) here's a quick WIP look - probably will release sometime soonish - maybe next week.

Let me know what you guys think!

• By JP Schriefer
      We all know BATters usually scale their models by 133%, but to be honest I never knew how exactly this number was reached and I'd like to know.
      Today I was reading about how types of projections work and I noticed SC4 isn't really isometric, but trimetric just by 1 degree. I think it's acceptable to consider it as dimetric since it makes calculations way easier and it's an insignificant error. Actually I believe it's more likely that I got it wrong due to the prospector error or any other thing and it's indeed dimetric.

So this is a cube made with 3ds without vertical scaling. As you can see the height must also be equal to 433px. It means we need to scale it by (433/317)*100 = 136,6%.

It makes sense to me, but does it to you as well? It's always good to ask, sometimes other people notice something wrong we are not seeing
    • By crownsteler
      So a few years ago I had a go at bating. Unfortunately due to computer issues I never got around to finishing any of them, and long since lost the files. A bit of a shame really; I was nearly done modeling these two sets of buildings, all they really needed were nightlites and some desaturating of the textures. Oh well. 
      Last weekend, for some odd reason, I decided to reinstall SimCity 4 and play it. But, after downloading a ton of new content, I found I still couldn't make the cities I wanted (mostly modern urban Dutch). The first thing that bothered me was the lack of varied in utilities, specifically pumping stations. So I looked up some modern pumping stations here in the Netherlands, and, the idiot that I am, downloaded gmax to see if I could make something of it:
      The first one I had a go at was a largish sewage pumping station:

Unfortunately this is the material it is made out of, and I am not quite sure how to texture this. I have half a mind of simply modelling the panels instead of texturing it.
      In the mean time I decided to model another pumping station, a small drainage pump this time:

It has the same issue with texturing, so oh well.
      While looking through pumping stations here in the Netherlands, I came across this little thingy and decided it also really needed modelling (for a change it is an actual ground water pumping station!):

It is actually coming along quite nicely. I just need to finish the doors, add the rain gutter and some roof junk. I possibly need to figure out how to model a few pumps to fill the large frontal roof if the windows are going to be transparant (ugh...)
      At the same time I was really annoyed by the power utilities in the game. So yeah...
      I came across this funky little substation, and since it takes no effort to model had a go at it:

Not sure if there is interest in this sort of thing though.
      I also created this substation (could also work as an industrial lot). I want to make it a wall to wall lot, but, as the roof is overhanging to the sides, I don't know how to go about it.

And, if I ever feel confident enough to do so, I'd love to have a go at this power plant. The turbine halls are simple enough, but the chimney seems daunting.

Anyway; thoughts and suggestions? Compliments or hate is also welcome. Oh, and IrfanView apparently does not like transparency. I hope you can ignore the black outlines on the images, they are not supposed to be there.
    • By lsrprules2
      There's a very impressive BAT of Lomonossov University on SC4Devotion and I would like to download it, but it replaces the ingame University building. Could someone refer me to a guide on how to possibly edit it so that it exists as a separate building instead? It doesn't have to still be a rewards building but I'd like for it to retain its functionality; if it's the same as the ingame University campus which is much smaller, I might want to increase the stats appropriately.

Here is the link: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2881