• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

We're close! Please help us reach our April & May goals!   04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Simmer2

Simmer2's Lots and BATs Lab

88 posts in this topic

Gorgeous work here. Ah the possibilities!

Also, I'd love to see any updates of your rail yard/ scrap yard project. (hint, hint) lol.........................................

Cheers

Simmer2 likes this

Nice! Fills in a lot of needed gaps, your mmp work is stunning!

edit: replaced unneeded as needed because i accidentally made my comment sarcastic when i didnt mean to

Edited by BugeyedDragon
Simmer2 likes this

In the process of moving at the moment but I found time to start a new project.

I'm batting and lotting a series of abandoned trains stops. Trying to convey a sense of decay and abandonment.

Trains will still cross the lots, some are still barely functional and some are just completely left to the inclement of time.

Here is a DTR one, placed in the sleazy part of the map....still functional.

7hVfNeK.jpg

aChoXHf.jpg

xURk4TK.jpg

BjpJeL7.jpg

Great look for an economically depressed locality (seedy neighborhood, abandoned industrial park, etc.). I like the graffiti - for some reason you always find it near railroads and it would add a splash of color to a grungy area.

Simmer2 likes this

6 hours ago, Simmer2 said:

Uhm no. I made everything you see. That is a Gmax screenshot from my comp.

Oh cool, I was thinking I'd seen some barriers with graffiti there.

I totally agree with rathefalcon's assessment.

I'd would be great if you were to make little hobo tents and or shacks. (please, please, please), hahaha.........ahem, but seriously.

As added realism you could add graffiti in hobo code, I have limited knowledge of this.

Just ideas for you consideration.

Fine work Sir, fine work indeed.

Simmer2 likes this

I'm pretty sure there is a typo for your legend there. It's actually supposed to say "SM2 - THE Aqueduct Pipe Legend". :rofl:

Can't wait to finally play around with these bad boys.

Simmer2 likes this

Thank you Tibi!

Big update, only thing left is search and destroy bugs and a careful polish of the 100's of props used.
I created dozens of new props for this project and they will be released before hand as SM2 Prop Pack Vol2. The timed family pack will be released with this lot. There are over 150 on the pack Timed props are on a 8 hours schedule in order to make the lot more lively.

Of course, the lot texture is completely custom made!

Regarding the triple track layout. I decided that there will be only one that actually will allow trains to pass across the lot the, middle one. The outer tracks have train props on them therefore it will look awful to see trains go through them. However, they will still connect to the rail network visually. Also, the road entrances are TE'd across both connections.

Connection between the outer tracks to the inner one, outside the lot, must be implemented when connecting with the rail network.

Here are a few pics.
i4nBNMW.jpg
Tn0wBHc.jpg
9CrE3y5.jpg
uh8v09b.jpg
ERXSnLG.jpg
v7cZbIb.jpg
W78jX9P.jpg
jChAbc1.jpg
PEzbHpo.jpg
HCT51kk.jpg
vuhQbHc.jpg