• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
Ronyx69

Ronyx: WIP Post Office, WIP Japanese High School, WIP Pools

498 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ronyx69 said:

By the way, do pillars have LODs like regular buildings?

Yes. I would recommend a small texture (64x64 or 128x188) and a low tri count (below 100).

The pillar looks great!

Ronyx69 likes this

Thanks for the info.

Here we go, fixed the gap where the pillar meets the bigger darker concrete pillar., and added a bit of a shadow there.

Also the LOD is done I think, haven't tested ingame yet. Need to go to sleep now.

w5I6JqW.jpg

mikamaty, Judazzz, Avanya and 3 others like this

Wow looks great! Feels weird to see so much detail on a pillar since I'm used to really plain ones (aren't we all):P Can't wait to see what else you're going to make!

I have use for these, I'll be testing them as soon as my European ISP connects my PC back to the world.

I think enough time has passed and I have a question so I can bump the thread.

So I'd like to create a ramp like this:

rf23ZIe.jpg

But the texture doesn't follow the road direction:

kNjKI16.jpg

Can it be fixed somehow, or would a mod to change the texture direction with a click be possible?

Judazzz, mikamaty, Quinto and 3 others like this

1 hour ago, Ronyx69 said:

Can it be fixed somehow, or would a mod to change the texture direction with a click be possible?

I'm sure that a mod would be possible, but who will create it? Maybe the NExt team knows why that happens and how it can be fixed.

mikamaty likes this

2 minutes ago, boformer said:

I'm sure that a mod would be possible, but who will create it? Maybe the NExt team knows why that happens and how it can be fixed.

With some finnicking and rebuilding, it's possible to make it all face the same direction, it seems there is some other property of a segment that says what direction the road was drawn in (independent from the oneway road direction). I'm not a modder though.

Looks pretty awesome, the tiling breaks a bit, but at least it's in the same direction. Don't mind the vibrant dev textures on the ramp.

hwUuP7O.jpg

This is what happens if you draw all in the same direction using only one segment drawing (less than 12 units each drawing).

QcTMsnl.jpg

OldTurtle, Quinto, Kaschperl and 1 other like this

14 hours ago, Mr_Maison said:

Wow! Those pillars are awesome! I love the detail and textures. Thumbs up. :thumb:

Thanks!

Next the 6cell over-canal stack for 3lane highways (no japan road textures on those roads yet though)

s2448OT.jpg

Would be nice if anybody could download and test them and show me how it looks in your city, with your settings and luts etc.

The attachment includes the two recent stacks.

Pluispixel, Mr_Maison, cs_k3 and 1 other like this

dont see a difference in both looks same to me

9 hours ago, Ronyx69 said:

The attachment includes the two recent stacks.

r69pillars.rar

something wrong with the middle if you dont have a elevated road on it you can watch throught it.

pillar_1_result.jpg

looks good with my LUTs and mods

pillar_0_result.jpg

CT14 likes this

9 hours ago, Tim The Terrible said:

Is it common in Japan that highways are build over canals? Interesting idea

I'm not sure if it's common but they exist, i saw them on street view and thought it looked really cool.

Here are some examples I found in Tokyo:

https://www.google.lv/maps/@35.682218,139.7798171,3a,75y,26.21h,91.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZZ5tB1oxbVEYg-SeHa6cDw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

https://www.google.lv/maps/@35.6918817,139.7915484,3a,75y,98h,90.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sG3JbW0BRdVw9MccMDgpl2w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

https://www.google.lv/maps/@35.6553313,139.7375968,3a,75y,187.82h,100.14t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPtAL_Jvm5y-cMwzYS7JR4A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Update: very WIP but i think you can figure out what it will be:

V2N5oMB.jpg

HhO2iIO.jpg

Edited by Ronyx69

update

On 04/09/2016 at 3:58 PM, Tim The Terrible said:

Is it common in Japan that highways are build over canals? Interesting idea

Real estate in Japan is pretty tight, especially in Downtown Tokyo.  I can affirm with driving on some of the expressways there are part going over some of the older canals.  Zoning laws are not in favor towards optimal highway builds for engineers there.  However, the more modern approach these days for Japanese is tunnelling.

Also, glad to see elevated ETC toll booths.

Great work on those models and textures! It's nice to see that Roads United is getting some attention from parts of the world other than the US :P

9 minutes ago, OwiHH said:

how did you put that toolbooth on a elevated road, isnit?

It's just a floating building, you actually put it "on" a road on the ground 1cell gap away from the elevated road.

mFeYgx3.jpg

GC_Vos likes this

1 hour ago, OwiHH said:

ok, what mod is this search tool?

Okay, I think I assume too much. Added explanation and links to the description:

To access in-game, use search box mod, search for "toll": 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=540758804

Requires anarchy to place: (Sharp Junction Angles ctrl+A) 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553184329

For 3lane one way use network extensions: 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478820060

I recommend not connecting the middle lane with traffic manager: 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583429740

Place 1cell away beside a 12m/24m high 4cell piece of 3lane one way road. 
Use Traffic manager lane connector and don't connect the middle lane. 

Update: I'm trying to make a ground/0m version, but the stuff below 0 gets that building base texture, even on a ground level forced elevated road, any way to disable that?

C2t2Mfn.jpg

Edited by Ronyx69

update
GC_Vos likes this