• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Ronyx69

Ronyx: WIP Azadi Tower, WIP Light Effects Mod

524 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Ronyx69 said:

They are just freestanding props, so you can make whatever shape you want I'm sure.

Ah, now I get the concept of your curb assets. The additional pictures you uploaded to the workshop helped me to understand.

@Ronyx69 Love your work! It's absolutely beutiful! What do you think about small grass decal which could cover tram tracks, but not covering rails?

Posted (edited)

On 3/18/2017 at 8:56 PM, Igorp133 said:

@Ronyx69 Love your work! It's absolutely beutiful! What do you think about small grass decal which could cover tram tracks, but not covering rails?

Maybe, if I start running out of ideas, seems like a prop would be better for that though.

Day 18: Numbers http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885862793

22PgPHn.jpg

Day 19: Cargo Yard http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886797091

17IsaaX.jpg

Day 20: Wetness http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887659579

Kd1kLoy.jpg

Streamed with @Jerenable to continue the nuclear power plant:

uJI3ecg.jpg

Edited by Ronyx69

My one March decal request-- pretty please, Berlin sidewalk stones! Triangle and circle ones in addition to a square one would be really nice for painting shapes and corners.

berlin-sidewalk.thumb.jpg.ef21dc5450846a9a611f3cc6e7496c76.jpg

Here's me trying to build Pariser Platz with your new ploppable asphalt and curbs...

20170321155707_1.thumb.jpg.5eed5d93512312acf69dccc95bb301b9.jpg

In addition to going pretty much everywhere in Berlin, those small stones would also go on top of the plopped asphalt in the middle, and under the street lights.

2005-10-26_Brandenburger-Tor.thumb.jpg.3ba4f6ef42975fc119cd5a718f2491f2.jpg

iSevenSimmer likes this

Neat! Do you know if you need the ND DLC to get the shader, or is this available in the base game?

Just now, tony56a1 said:

Neat! Do you know if you need the ND DLC to get the shader, or is this available in the base game?

base game

schokoladeneis 1 likes this

9 hours ago, tony56a1 said:

I don't even have the ND DLC, but stuff like this is usually included in the base game update thingy.

I did some tests. The imported asset has a bit ruined normal map because of the compression but it's not as bad as regular specular.

The render order is inversed - stuff behind gets rendered in front, but if you have 2 seperate buildings, the order is correct, so the use is a bit limited in the sense that I would recommend splitting what you have into multiple smaller buildings or props, then it's very usable.

RHF3q5y.jpg

Anyway I'm super excited about this shader, me (and I think some others) have wanted semi-transparency for quite a while...

So I'm streaming on twitch right now, hopefully for many hours, creating the 5th avenue Apple store. Because it's revolutionary. :D 

schokoladeneis 1 and Stanil like this

Could be very usefull for these large officeboxes! Creating the glass panels with one subbuilding than the structure underneath with another subbuilding.

Ronyx69 likes this

1 hour ago, Ronyx69 said:

but if you have 2 seperate buildings, the order is correct, so the use is a bit limited in the sense that I would recommend splitting what you have into multiple smaller buildings or props, then it's very usable.

You could use the Sub-Meshes feature of the game to use 2 different shaders in one building.

Alexgru88 and schokoladeneis 1 like this

34 minutes ago, Jerenable said:

@boformer How can we use these sub-meshes is there a guide somewhere?

No. It requires a mod tools script. Also you have to find a way to import additional meshes and textures (maybe you could take them from other assets).

This is an amazing discovery! Clearly Amsterdam Central Station is the perfect asset for this because there's so much going on inside. So I made a semi transparent building but when I use it as a sub-building the semi-transparency stops working. Is there some way to re-run the script against a sub-building? Or will semi-transparency only work if it is the main building.

Edit: just watched the tail of your stream, interesting importing a semi-transparent sub-building works for you. I've found that cities skylines helpfully makes any props that clip into your sub-buildings invisible, so you may have trouble using the stair prop for the store. If would probably work as a prop of the cube though.

Edit: and now it works! I didn't do anything differently, problem just went away.

schokoladeneis 1 likes this

10 hours ago, Epic Lurker said:

This is an amazing discovery! Clearly Amsterdam Central Station is the perfect asset for this because there's so much going on inside. So I made a semi transparent building but when I use it as a sub-building the semi-transparency stops working. Is there some way to re-run the script against a sub-building? Or will semi-transparency only work if it is the main building.

Edit: just watched the tail of your stream, interesting importing a semi-transparent sub-building works for you. I've found that cities skylines helpfully makes any props that clip into your sub-buildings invisible, so you may have trouble using the stair prop for the store. If would probably work as a prop of the cube though.

It shouldn't be like that, no idea what exactly happened in your case. Yes you could rerun it for the sub-building, just would have to adjust the script.

The clipping props aren't invisible, they get deleted, because it doesn't allow them to collide, you can however add them after the subbuilding, and place them however you want with move it, so placing the stairs will be fine with that. I think I'm gonna need to split both the cube and the stairs into multiple pieces because of the reversed render order.

Day 21: Drains http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888228544

kbSiWBd.jpg

Day 22: Cobble http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888755376

9fEBHqL.jpg

Day 23: Exposed Rebar http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889380289

18SErCp.jpg

I'm streaming on twitch again to continue the fifth avenue apple store, can't promise a 10 hour stream this time though. :D