Ronyx69

Ronyx: NEW Docks Released

603 posts in this topic Last Reply

9 minutes ago, Ronyx69 said:

Yeah probably with a script, but I have no idea why you would want that. Haven't messed with replacing stuff like that for saving.

It's quite simple really; I have been using the ploppable asphalt mainly as ploppable pavement / concrete with a light grey color. With this it would be awesome to be able to replace all those with the real one so that I can use the ploppable asphalt like its supposed to be used, as asphalt :)

On 8/17/2017 at 9:46 PM, Leeijo said:

It's quite simple really; I have been using the ploppable asphalt mainly as ploppable pavement / concrete with a light grey color. With this it would be awesome to be able to replace all those with the real one so that I can use the ploppable asphalt like its supposed to be used, as asphalt :)

Actually got it working. Took the prop-it up code as a basis and with the following script run with modtools it replaced all ploppable asphalt with ploppable pavement instead.

It persisted trough a save. The save did loose the theme setting for some reason but setting it on load and loading and everything looks fine.

SimulationManager.instance.AddAction(() =>
            {
                PropInfo newProp = PrefabCollection<PropInfo>.FindLoaded("1113005609.R69 Ploppable Pavement Square_Data");
                //  Null check:
                if(newProp != null)
                {
                    Debug.LogWarning("FOUND REPLACEMENT");
                }
                var props = PropManager.instance.m_props.m_buffer;
                for (uint index = 0; index < props.Length; index++)
                {
                    var prop = props[index];
                    if (prop.Info != null)
                    {
                        var propInstance = prop.Info;
                        if (propInstance == null)
                        {
                            continue;
                        }

if (propInstance.name == "881291183.R69 Ploppable Asphalt Square_Data")
                        {
                            prop.Info = newProp;
                            props[index] = prop;
                            Debug.LogWarning("replaced!"); 
                        }
                    }
                }
            });

10 hours ago, Leeijo said:

The save did loose the theme setting for some reason but setting it on load and loading and everything looks fine.

This may be unrelated, as this happened to me too, and I certainly didn't do any experiments with scripts.

Ronyx69    1,914
  • Original Poster
  • Posted (edited)

So I just updated the Theme Decals mod so they don't stop working once you change apvd or detail settings...

But all of the decals stopped working, I suspected loading screen mod assumed they were the "new file format" and failed to load them, similarly to what happened in the first hours with new assets, but I thought it was the other way around. Well it didn't load without loading screen mod either, so I'm not sure what happened.

Point is, be careful if you're updating old asset packs or mods which include assets by reuploading older .crp files I guess? I had to resave all of them and now it works.

Edited by Ronyx69  

Ronyx69    1,914
  • Original Poster
  • Thanks! :D

Work on Nordi stuff hasn't stopped, it's just kinda disappointing when you import an asset and it looks like a blobby mess with flickering shadows compared to even the 3ds Max viewport.

Also I have no idea why I enabled softer shadows only now, it's so much better...

Here's some cliffy rocky stuff with a bunch of the previous stuff as well:

zkU1Ysu.jpg

39 minutes ago, Ronyx69 said:

Also I have no idea why I enabled softer shadows only now, it's so much better...

You are late to the party:party: 

You might be interested in the source code. There are many other values that can be tweaked.

Ronyx69    1,914
  • Original Poster
  • 7 hours ago, boformer said:

You are late to the party:party: 

You might be interested in the source code. There are many other values that can be tweaked.

I already have tweaked them and most of my screenshots are taken with my own custom lighting, tonemapping and lut.
    https://gist.github.com/ronyx69/68361dbe11877773b4378597f9ba5437

I just don't want to rely on that for my release cause those settings would look screwed in any other map theme and lut combination.
    I rather use already established mods that people use.

Ronyx69    1,914
  • Original Poster
  • Started work on some docks today. Meant to go on top of the (ground level) next plain 2 lane road.

Made as thin and narrow as it can be to fit the shape of the road. The idea is so you can have little islands of docks and have functional roads hidden a couple cm below this surface, and buildings above the surface. This is already possible with the old breakwaters, but I want to make a better set.

I experimented for 4 hours with ideas of making it roadside ploppable, and with roads under it to force down the terraforming, everything was too messy and unreliable so I guess people will have to manually place it on top of the road, and also place a road underwater to force the terraforming down. But at least it will have more uses in situations I haven't planned for I guess.

oe0yX4z.jpg

w2Hoe2e.jpg

Fg9jZWL.jpg

3 hours ago, Ronyx69 said:

Started work on some docks today. Meant to go on top of the (ground level) next plain 2 lane road.

Made as thin and narrow as it can be to fit the shape of the road. The idea is so you can have little islands of docks and have functional roads hidden a couple cm below this surface, and buildings above the surface. This is already possible with the old breakwaters, but I want to make a better set.

I experimented for 4 hours with ideas of making it roadside ploppable, and with roads under it to force down the terraforming, everything was too messy and unreliable so I guess people will have to manually place it on top of the road, and also place a road underwater to force the terraforming down. But at least it will have more uses in situations I haven't planned for I guess.

You should wait and see what the road modding side of the next DLC is maybe it'll let us do stuff like this properly (instead of placing them on top of current roads which is finnicky)

4 hours ago, Ronyx69 said:

Yeah I don't have high hopes for that but we'll see. I expect nodes would be a mess for something like this anyway, and how would it meet up with a different segment...

Continued with some edge pieces:

Well I wouldn't judge the chicken before it's hatched