• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Ronyx69

Ronyx: Apple Store 5th Ave Released, WIP Nuclear Power Plant

415 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Ronyx69 said:

They are just freestanding props, so you can make whatever shape you want I'm sure.

Ah, now I get the concept of your curb assets. The additional pictures you uploaded to the workshop helped me to understand.

These curbs are great. I've already made a lot of use of them.

Great work like always! :D

Nice! These slabs are almost what I had in mind with the concrete versions of the planters I mentioned.

@Ronyx69 Love your work! It's absolutely beutiful! What do you think about small grass decal which could cover tram tracks, but not covering rails?

Posted (edited)

On 3/18/2017 at 8:56 PM, Igorp133 said:

@Ronyx69 Love your work! It's absolutely beutiful! What do you think about small grass decal which could cover tram tracks, but not covering rails?

Maybe, if I start running out of ideas, seems like a prop would be better for that though.

Day 18: Numbers http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885862793

22PgPHn.jpg

Day 19: Cargo Yard http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886797091

17IsaaX.jpg

Day 20: Wetness http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887659579

Kd1kLoy.jpg

Streamed with @Jerenable to continue the nuclear power plant:

uJI3ecg.jpg

Edited by Ronyx69
5 people like this

My one March decal request-- pretty please, Berlin sidewalk stones! Triangle and circle ones in addition to a square one would be really nice for painting shapes and corners.

berlin-sidewalk.thumb.jpg.ef21dc5450846a9a611f3cc6e7496c76.jpg

Here's me trying to build Pariser Platz with your new ploppable asphalt and curbs...

20170321155707_1.thumb.jpg.5eed5d93512312acf69dccc95bb301b9.jpg

In addition to going pretty much everywhere in Berlin, those small stones would also go on top of the plopped asphalt in the middle, and under the street lights.

2005-10-26_Brandenburger-Tor.thumb.jpg.3ba4f6ef42975fc119cd5a718f2491f2.jpg

1 person likes this

Looks very promising! *:thumb:

1 person likes this

Neat! Do you know if you need the ND DLC to get the shader, or is this available in the base game?

Just now, tony56a1 said:

Neat! Do you know if you need the ND DLC to get the shader, or is this available in the base game?

base game

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, tony56a1 said:

I don't even have the ND DLC, but stuff like this is usually included in the base game update thingy.

I did some tests. The imported asset has a bit ruined normal map because of the compression but it's not as bad as regular specular.

The render order is inversed - stuff behind gets rendered in front, but if you have 2 seperate buildings, the order is correct, so the use is a bit limited in the sense that I would recommend splitting what you have into multiple smaller buildings or props, then it's very usable.

RHF3q5y.jpg

Anyway I'm super excited about this shader, me (and I think some others) have wanted semi-transparency for quite a while...

So I'm streaming on twitch right now, hopefully for many hours, creating the 5th avenue Apple store. Because it's revolutionary. :D 

2 people like this

Could be very usefull for these large officeboxes! Creating the glass panels with one subbuilding than the structure underneath with another subbuilding.

1 person likes this

Wow! I wanna do this:

steelglass23.jpg

I've already upscaled AleX_BY's gorgeous Reichstag asset to 1:1 (unreleased). I think a proper dome would be the finishing touch!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ronyx69 said:

but if you have 2 seperate buildings, the order is correct, so the use is a bit limited in the sense that I would recommend splitting what you have into multiple smaller buildings or props, then it's very usable.

You could use the Sub-Meshes feature of the game to use 2 different shaders in one building.

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, Jerenable said:

@boformer How can we use these sub-meshes is there a guide somewhere?

No. It requires a mod tools script. Also you have to find a way to import additional meshes and textures (maybe you could take them from other assets).

This is an amazing discovery! Clearly Amsterdam Central Station is the perfect asset for this because there's so much going on inside. So I made a semi transparent building but when I use it as a sub-building the semi-transparency stops working. Is there some way to re-run the script against a sub-building? Or will semi-transparency only work if it is the main building.

Edit: just watched the tail of your stream, interesting importing a semi-transparent sub-building works for you. I've found that cities skylines helpfully makes any props that clip into your sub-buildings invisible, so you may have trouble using the stair prop for the store. If would probably work as a prop of the cube though.

Edit: and now it works! I didn't do anything differently, problem just went away.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Epic Lurker said:

This is an amazing discovery! Clearly Amsterdam Central Station is the perfect asset for this because there's so much going on inside. So I made a semi transparent building but when I use it as a sub-building the semi-transparency stops working. Is there some way to re-run the script against a sub-building? Or will semi-transparency only work if it is the main building.

Edit: just watched the tail of your stream, interesting importing a semi-transparent sub-building works for you. I've found that cities skylines helpfully makes any props that clip into your sub-buildings invisible, so you may have trouble using the stair prop for the store. If would probably work as a prop of the cube though.

It shouldn't be like that, no idea what exactly happened in your case. Yes you could rerun it for the sub-building, just would have to adjust the script.

The clipping props aren't invisible, they get deleted, because it doesn't allow them to collide, you can however add them after the subbuilding, and place them however you want with move it, so placing the stairs will be fine with that. I think I'm gonna need to split both the cube and the stairs into multiple pieces because of the reversed render order.

Day 21: Drains http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888228544

kbSiWBd.jpg

Day 22: Cobble http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888755376

9fEBHqL.jpg

Day 23: Exposed Rebar http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889380289

18SErCp.jpg

I'm streaming on twitch again to continue the fifth avenue apple store, can't promise a 10 hour stream this time though. :D 

6 people like this