• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
R3V0

REV0's - Transrapid MAGLEV: Released

384 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, rovapasi1 said:

I was playing around with a ground station. There the ped paths connected from one plattform to another even they was above 0. But as you stated before this seems to be the case for your station as well, as long as there was only two modules.

EDIT: As far as I remember I never tried three. :-(

I also worked on ground station before, connecting two stations on the ground is not a problem. Connecting both on the above ground then reach to the ground level, then underground then connect with the train track seems not working on C:S

At least I'm happy that modules are now functional even if I have to remodel them. 

Regarding trams, maybe it's due to the tram tracks having sidewalks? If so, have you tried using the Tram Station Track that is available on the Workshop? 

R3V0 likes this

Large stations always seem such a challenge to make with regards to tracks and paths, I'm always impressed by the dedication of people who create them. I hope you'll find a solution, this gigantic project is looking beyond fantastic so far!

R3V0 and Alexgru88 like this

Update: I continued to work on ped connections and two things happened. 

1. Aside the path I created above, none of the underground paths I drew is working. There's one magical platform which is working properly and I couldn't figure it out why. So far:

i. Using move it

ii. Using low angled ramps 

iii. Anarchy on 

render platforms useless. So I worked on one single working platform. 

2. By using the platform above, I decided to add extra entrances on edges, by doing so central piece as an entrance gets disabled, so I suppose, the game assigns only 1 main entrance.

That said, here's the train - bus module: 

Bus module will have 3 segments, so In theory it's possible to add 6 stops per module.

3i9jL5l.png

kmvbWhO.png

QzhjBav.png

Update:

i. Train - bus connection is working fine. I tried to eliminate visual glitches as much as I can, altough, when they are snapped next to each other, cims are crossing over train tracks. While it doesn't effect the functionality, it does look like annoying honestly. I could lower track base to a point that it will remain under the concrete surface; but only rails would be visible (so cims will cross a "crossable looking train track", like how tram connections in real life) Although, I had tried before and it becomes impossible to plot train stops when the tracks are lower than model itself, so it's not possible I'd say, at least not on the spot where train stop will be snapped.

So I'll count it as a sin and move on. Train - bus transition is working and it's both can be placed in any combination, it does no longer affect pathfinding. 

ii. I reworked on the entrances and right now, peds' behaviour, crossing modules will remain mostly invisible (except above) in terms aesthetics. 

iii. There was a terrain flickering between modules, I think i fixed it as well (at least I fixed it on bus module so I will apply the solution on other modules as well)

iv. I will finish the tram module, then check on MOM, I'm not sure how MOM will behave honeslty we'll see. 

1 minute ago, alborzka said:

So pretty :D

Any chance of making an ATOM-like monorail? Something super sleek and futuristic-looking?

Will be the next project. 

1. Firefly Altrans 

2. My own design

alborzka likes this

1 hour ago, bsquiklehausen said:

@R3V0 - what values did you use for illumination? My monorail seems to stay dark at night.

Windows: 128 

Background: 62

@R3V0

How did you get the sides of the monorail to overlap the rail? I am also working on a Monorail asset and can't seem to get it to work like that. All it does is hover above the rail.

32 minutes ago, JSF-1 said:

@R3V0

How did you get the sides of the monorail to overlap the rail? I am also working on a Monorail asset and can't seem to get it to work like that. All it does is hover above the rail.

Center of mass / pivot. Set pivot to a point where the train will touch the rails, same work as trains where we set contact point as pivot

...can we have a version of the innovia monorail where all the grey is line colorable, rather than just the thin stripes on the front? I think it looks a bit dull with just grey.

12 hours ago, R3V0 said:

Now I need to find a speed limit remover mod. Monorail tracks are limited to 120km/h it's seems .

There is one for trains. Maybe this could be expanded.

R3V0 likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Horus_Kol
      I've been lurking about the forums for a good long while since my last journal (which, unfortunately, is not to be resurrected) - and trying out a few different approaches to the game before settling on a style/gameplay that hopefully will be sustainable in between real life. I think Delvedene failed because it was far too ambitious - finding all the perfect mods and assets, along with the micro-management of things like farms and stuff got in the way of enjoying the game.
      So, I'm playing one of the vanilla maps, unlocking everything (including all 25 areas - I was hoping to use Area Enabler, but that's broken since the last DLC, so I had to spend most of my money buying all the areas - on the other hand, having a reasonably limited amount of money helps me to prevent just wallpapering the map with cityscape ), and removing all the highways and railway.
      What I like about the vanilla maps is that they offer wide grassland areas surrounded by woods, which offer a natural limit to town growth. Contours are also a good guide (anyone know how to get the game to keep contours on display when laying down road?) What I don't like about the vanilla maps is the prebuilt highway network. I also don't like the rate at which you unlock new areas with population growth: you end up being forced into super dense small towns.
      ----
      Chelsea
      The town of Chelsea currently stretches along one main road (which will go on to connect to another town by the river later - below the image), with three other roads: the first, leading into Stepano (right of the image) - the industrial estate where most of the Chelsea residents work; another leading to the Cockerell farms (top left); and the third heading off to where yet another town is planned (to the left).
      In the background you can see Mt Chelsea.

Chelsea again, from a different angle (Stepano to the bottom). You can see a thin belt of trees separating Chelsea from another grassland area where the next town is planned (mid-left). In the background is Mt Runcorn, where an old fortification sits (put there by the map designers, but just outside the 25 tile limit).

And a closeup of the Chelsea Cemetary, surrounded by some parklands (open space is going to be a big deal in these towns - I am desperately trying to avoid wall-to-wall buildings).

• By CallMehFreddy
      My names Fredrik but people call me Fred and I make Cities Skylines videos. I have 130+ Subscribers and around 2,4k Views. I make Videos in 1080p and use decent editing and recording software.
      If you find my channel Interesting and subscribe if you want more content.
    • By Tim The Terrible

Release Trailer

The expansion, titled “Mass Transit,” will bring new forms of transportation to the game, allowing mayor-players to offer in-game citizens new ways to get across town by land, sea, and air. With new transit service buildings, mass transit hubs where lines can exchange passengers, new scenarios, new landmarks, and new road types, Mass Transit will provide veteran players of Cities: Skylines with more choices and options to personalize their cities than ever before.

Mass Transit will feature:
      Sick Transit, Glorious Money: Add a wealth of new transit options to your city, and add wealth to your city’s income! Let your citizens get across town in ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails!  Orderly Hub, Bub: New mass transit hubs can bring all of your services together, letting citizens change rail lines in one building, or hop from the bus onto the ferry, or even find their way through a sprawling monorail-train-metro station. Become a Roads Scholar: Explore a set of new challenge scenarios focused on solving traffic problems and adding new transit systems. New road types, bridges and canals adds variety to your city, and new ways to solve its challenges. Become an expert in traffic flow, and then use that knowledge to improve your city! New Hats for Chirper: NEW. HATS. FOR CHIRPER. (and also new unique buildings, policies and achievements. But HATS!)
      Per usual, the new expansion will arrive together with a free update to the base game upon release. This free update adds mod-inspired features to traffic management, such as an extended public transport budget, emergency vehicle overtaking and more road features. The patch will also include the much-requested ability to name roads.
      Screenshots

• By Lee Towers
      Hey all! I've been following this forum for a while now and all your amazing creations inspired me to start building assets myself. The first building is almost finished - a 3 track train station, as seen below (props for the person to recognise the station it's based on). I still have a few problems with it though, so bear with me:
      1. The game is creating floors inside the building on its own. There's not even a vertex with the same z-coordinate where it's creating an xy plane inside the building. Is this something that's generated on purpose by the game? The floors are assigned the same textures as the roof of the building. They can be seen through the windows and are positioned about halfway behind the windows.
      2. My sims are not using the third platform. I'm using the single station track with a platform on the left side of the track (relative to the direction it was laid). I thought it had to do with the pedestrian connections that I've laid down, but they are using the second platform which is accessed by the same pedestrian connection.
      3. Speaking of pedestrian connections... I'd much prefer a rendered underground tunnel to the half-assed building I have there now but the game isn't letting me (it pushes the whole model upwards). How do I go about doing that? I know Joak uses them in his train stations, how did he do that?
      Any help regarding one of these questions would me much appreciated! Feedback on the model is also welcome by the way... it's my first time using blender and gimp. The textures aren't final either (mainly the roof and supports need work) but I've yet to learn how to use bump maps.

• By UrbanFoxx
      UrbanFoxx
      Here in the Urban Fox Den, we focus only upon building the best designed cities, created with the best of SimCity (2013), SimCity 4, and Cities Skylines. We also play some other mods in the SimCity 4 game, such as SimMars and the upcoming SimMoon mod, which has yet to see an ETA, but there will be a let's play upon its release. Here we will also do some other games as well such as:
      Here's a look at the upload schedule for the summer! Now featuring five videos a week, and starting on May 29, 2017, running all the way to July 21, 2017
      Monday: SimCity 4: Minderia
      Tuesday: Cities Skylines: Raccoon City
      Wednesday: SimCity 4: SimMars
      Thursday: SimCity (2013) Project Violet
      Friday: SimCity 4: SparkleCity
      All videos are also guaranteed to be 1080p60, editied with the best software (Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects), and all thumbnails guaranteed to be edited with Adobe Photoshop. Enjoy the channel, and here's my first video to give you a slice of what goes on at UrbanFoxx Studios.