• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Mary Maurine Mayo

KC Productions bat workshop

136 posts in this topic

hello guys.. well i am moved and pretty much settled in our new home. i have the first wall of the tower just about finished.. ill post a pic sometime today.. sorry for my long absence... 

Jeez, when I started reading your post, I thougt you were going to say:

"hello guys.. well i am moved and pretty much settled in our new home. i have the first wall of the house just about finished." - which led me to the thought that this would be a rather interesting definition of "settled in". *:P

But no, my brain is just playing tricks on me again. Bad brain! Bad brain! *slap*

36 minutes ago, T Wrecks said:

Jeez, when I started reading your post, I thougt you were going to say:

"hello guys.. well i am moved and pretty much settled in our new home. i have the first wall of the house just about finished." - which led me to the thought that this would be a rather interesting definition of "settled in". *:P

But no, my brain is just playing tricks on me again. Bad brain! Bad brain! *slap*

lol...

7 hours ago, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

sorry for my long absence...

No need to apologize. RL is always more important. That said, welcome back. :hug:

uploaded an updated version changed the base texture to the sim Mars base texture... 

I will be doing a hot lab when i get the Earth Version of the tower...

CorinaMarie likes this

SM_EA_WethyTowers001.png

resized and finished the nite windows... this is only the front wall. i will be adding lighting around the enterance... this will still be 8 sided... 

Terring and RandyE like this

About scale, for floor heights for a residential building they would need to be at a minimum 2.5 meters tall in real life (scaled vertically by 133% would make them 3.3 m). But really more like 3-3.5 meters (actually 4-4.5) for normal ceiling heights. If you make the assumption that since it's on mars the structure would be stronger and that there would be more utility pipes and stuff inside then the floor heights would have to be higher to accommodate that. So I would make the floor heights somewhere between 4 and 4.5 meters tall in gmax. I might even make them even a little taller than that. 

Looking at your day version I thought that the facade had a grid pattern to it, but I assumed that every other "window" was actually a fake part that was covering up a wall (which is very common in real life). But the nitelites show that each window rectangle is in fact a whole floor. I know you've already released the Mars version but maybe you could do something for the earth version. 

Mary Maurine Mayo likes this

17 hours ago, Jasoncw said:

About scale, for floor heights for a residential building they would need to be at a minimum 2.5 meters tall in real life (scaled vertically by 133% would make them 3.3 m). But really more like 3-3.5 meters (actually 4-4.5) for normal ceiling heights. If you make the assumption that since it's on mars the structure would be stronger and that there would be more utility pipes and stuff inside then the floor heights would have to be higher to accommodate that. So I would make the floor heights somewhere between 4 and 4.5 meters tall in gmax. I might even make them even a little taller than that. 

Looking at your day version I thought that the facade had a grid pattern to it, but I assumed that every other "window" was actually a fake part that was covering up a wall (which is very common in real life). But the nitelites show that each window rectangle is in fact a whole floor. I know you've already released the Mars version but maybe you could do something for the earth version. 

thank you... I am working on a new model will post an update soon... 

It's hard to tell from the perspective view, but if the floor heights are around the dimensions I described before they should be good. :)

The next BAT will be called Robotics INC. This will be a Mars Building that can also be used in the regular SimCity game. I could not call it what i wanted because the building name was one that was used by outpost 2. this first building will produce Weaponized vehicles such as a Lazer Linx. ect... 

the second building will create the Spiderbots. robotics II INC.

I will also be making a Vehical Garage. 

most of these bats can be used in both the mars version and SimCity version. i will create lots for both versions .

my next project will be a farm lot for sim mars...  its going to be a 5x5 lot size and will probably take a couple of weeks to complete.

The Robotics INC is a high tech industrial and as you see I have both the Earth and Mars Lots so it can be used in both versions of the game.

the Wethy Towers is Medium wealth Residential final mars version. The Earth Tower has been placed on the back burner for now. I did lots for both versions of the game as well.

I will need to test them to be sure they will grow in game and that will take a while I'll let you know as soon as i get them to grow. 

yesterday I downloaded my farms and i have been relotting them. For my other CJ I will be posting soon. I am having oral surgery today so i will be offline for a few days. 

i may not upload them because i am using BSC stuff and its difficult for me to figure out what texture packs and same for props. 

3 minutes ago, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

I am having oral surgery today so i will be offline for a few days. 

I hope that goes well.

3 minutes ago, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

i may not upload them because i am using BSC stuff and its difficult for me to figure out what texture packs and same for props.

Can you use SC4DataNode v0.96 to find out exactly which dependencies they need? I haven't used it, but it seems if you have only one lot in your plugins along with all the deps then maybe that would show what it uses?

Just now, CorinaMarie said:

I hope that goes well.

Can you use SC4DataNode v0.96 to find out exactly which dependencies they need? I haven't used it, but it seems if you have only one lot in your plugins along with all the deps then maybe that would show what it uses?

i dont know if it runs on here or not. but ill try it out. tracking down the links is hard for me. ill post some pics of the new farms in a few days.