• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
Mary miller

Mary Millers Creations

217 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

@CorinaMarie I am about finished with the soybean farm. About to start testing both lots to be sure they work.

Woot!

23 minutes ago, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

i am looking for a tutorial on how to make a terrian and water mod.... I need Snow for my CJ and Ice for the water....

You can see PEG SNOWMOD for terrain. And somewhere there was ice on the water... 

2 minutes ago, Silur said:

You can see PEG SNOWMOD for terrain. And somewhere there was ice on the water... 

i am using PEGs Snow Mod.. I tried the antartica Mod but it keeps crashing to desktop. I know a long time ago there was one for ice on the water but i cant find it now. 

On 19/05/2017 at 4:23 PM, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

I tried the antartica Mod but it keeps crashing to desktop

Usually this occurs when you try to load HD textures (those above 256x256px), but SC4 is not using the DirectX Hardware renderer.

Making a water mod is not too difficult, you just need to make a set of 5 textures and give then the right IDs. Just take a peek inside an existing mod to see what I'm getting at. By comparison making a new terrain mod is a huge amount of work. This is because the sheer number of variations there are of such textures. Creating a complete set whilst ensuring they all play nicely together is a big undertaking.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Jolteon
      A tiny insignificant village next to a tiny insignificant highway.

• By Evanjs
      I have always loved @RRetail And @nos.17 re-lots so I have stated my own re-lots. More to come soon.

Update 1.

• By UrbanFoxx
      Minderia
      The land of Technology

On February 4, 1991, the US State of Minderia was granted independence after a referendum on the issue the previous year. Located on a giant island west of Los Angeles, it shares a water border with the United States, and its capital is Minderia City, which was only founded in 1977. This SimCity 4 YouTube City Journal is meant to follow the growth of the seven major cities of Minderia. In the end, (sometime in 2020) we will have a city journal finally worthy of being on the City Journal section of this site (which is probably when ST 10.0 will be released)

Without further ado, here's Part 1 of the series!

Here's a rundown on what has been done in this video. In the first entry to this series, we make the interchange of Highway MA4 and MA7 on the South Split as well as build up a retail park, which will be moved further down south because it doesn't exactly look realistic where it sits now. Other than that, I forgot the skyscraper re-lots from KOSC, yeah. Gonna half to download those before the next episode.
    • By hiddentemple
      I installed NAM version 35 a couple of days ago, and works flawlessly, with little to no problems. However, it seems to be doing something with my roundabouts: the avenue, one-way, and regular road roundabouts seem to completely disappear, and I usually have to bulldoze the whole thing and attempt to rebuild it, with rudimentary results. This is a serious concern for me, as some of my cities are saturated with roundabouts.
      I've included a photo below for reference.
      Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• By Tazerzly
      Hello, I'm unsure of where to post this, so I'll try here. I made a region using.png height map and a config (proportions are correct (64xregionsize+1)) but my region isn't rendering. I created a new folder in the SimCity 4 regions folder. I put in the config and the .png when I went to the region, I pressed Contr+Alt+Shift+R, like you would, then I navigated the menu and attempted to load the png, from there the dialogue closed and it left me with an empty region, with no signs of anything happening. I've  used downloaded regions before without any real issue, but now I'm not even getting the 'rendering' pop up, what's going on?