• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
andreharv

Additional Public Transit

Public Transit Addendum   187 members have voted

1. 1. Which expansions to rail based public transit would you like me to work on?

• Single Rail Tracks/Stations
    • Rendered Rail Tunnels
    • High Speed Rail (new network type)
    • Above Ground Subways/Metro (pretty much new network type)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

975 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Delta2k5 said:

Kinda ;)

Doesn't look THAT good IMHO

2 people like this

@bsquiklehausenThere were a few metro trains present in the Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC, including the Capital EcoBoost train based off the Siemens Inspiro. Trains from the metro madness dlc pack will not be used for the Metro Overhaul Mod. Instead, a version of the metro train that is exactly identical to the Siemens Inspiro trains found on the Warsaw Metro should be created entirely from scratch!

Also don't forget about the Alstom Metropolis 98B and the 81-717/714! The Alstom Metropolis 98B shares the same traction motors with the New York City Subway R142/R160 vehicles.

4 hours ago, j4lambert said:

@bsquiklehausenThere were a few metro trains present in the Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC, including the Capital EcoBoost train based off the Siemens Inspiro. Trains from the metro madness dlc pack will not be used for the Metro Overhaul Mod. Instead, a version of the metro train that is exactly identical to the Siemens Inspiro trains found on the Warsaw Metro should be created entirely from scratch!

Also don't forget about the Alstom Metropolis 98B and the 81-717/714! The Alstom Metropolis 98B shares the same traction motors with the New York City Subway R142/R160 vehicles.

AleX_BY already made 81-717/714 in both Moscow and Kyiv Metro liveries :) He'll publish them after MOM is published.

2 people like this

Hey folks,

I have been lurking this Topic for some time, and signed up basically just to comment here. This mod is just what I have been waiting for.

@andreharv may I ask if the wood and steel elevated version will be part of the upcoming release? I tend to build in a very retro style, mostly only using Assets like Feindbold's Brooklyn set, and I was quite exited to see your screenshots of those.

I should maybe add that I am okayish at modelling with Blender(even though I did not end up loading up any of my buildings to the workshop yet) but I am right now starting out trying to make trains. Naturally this won't be anything new and shiny: The first one will be a Arnine. If I end up needing help getting it into the game in the end, would some of you guys be okay with answering a few questions and giving me a hand? I would really like to contribute something to the community.

2 people like this

45 minutes ago, hygswitch said:

Hey folks,

I have been lurking this Topic for some time, and signed up basically just to comment here. This mod is just what I have been waiting for.

@andreharv may I ask if the wood and steel elevated version will be part of the upcoming release? I tend to build in a very retro style, mostly only using Assets like Feindbold's Brooklyn set, and I was quite exited to see your screenshots of those.

I should maybe add that I am okayish at modelling with Blender(even though I did not end up loading up any of my buildings to the workshop yet) but I am right now starting out trying to make trains. Naturally this won't be anything new and shiny: The first one will be a Arnine. If I end up needing help getting it into the game in the end, would some of you guys be okay with answering a few questions and giving me a hand? I would really like to contribute something to the community.

As I can tell from previous pages that style will not be included in the first release as there is much left to do or to tune ;)

I could probably give you some hand on this job.

When can we expect the public release of this mod more or less? Also i don't understand why would you want to render underground stations? I think just the platform silhouette would do.

3 hours ago, haus5 said:

Also i don't understand why would you want to render underground stations? I think just the platform silhouette would do.

Hi, welcome! I think once this mod is out, many more players will be using the first person cameras to enjoy riding the subways. It's no fun going underground and seeing everything in the city just floating above you.

3 people like this

@haus5 I think it's just to add a little realism, to be honest. If you use the FIrst Person Camera mod, you could stand on the platform, or see the view from the train!

1 person likes this

Hey, does anyone have a compiled list of all the trains/stations that were made for the mod? 

I do use BloodyPenguin's mod, but I just wanted to see if I was missing anything.

1 person likes this

Is there anyway to make metro trains reverse at the last station, like through creating a diamond crossover or similar, or do you have to make loops at the of the line? 

41 minutes ago, LGJ said:

Is there anyway to make metro trains reverse at the last station, like through creating a diamond crossover or similar, or do you have to make loops at the of the line? 

Surely, take a look at the lower part of page 20 :) those diamonds are developed and work as intended ;)

My mind just came across some other "public transport" question, as I started to build an airport at my test-city:

Would it be possible one day to create wider and more realistic runways? The ones in the game are way too narrow, as they are ~ 24m wide which looks odd at a realistic length. Most Aircraft are able to use runways that are ~ 45m wide (so 6U == 48m would do). An A380 needs atleast 60m (8u = 64m). In this case also taxiways should be as wide as runways are now (18m+ irl for large aircraft).

I know, I'm some kind of minority at this topic :D

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Delta2k5 said:

Surely, take a look at the lower part of page 20 :) those diamonds are developed and work as intended ;)

My mind just came across some other "public transport" question, as I started to build an airport at my test-city:

Would it be possible one day to create wider and more realistic runways? The ones in the game are way too narrow, as they are ~ 24m wide which looks odd at a realistic length. Most Aircraft are able to use runways that are ~ 45m wide (so 6U == 48m would do). An A380 needs atleast 60m (8u = 64m). In this case also taxiways should be as wide as runways are now (18m+ irl for large aircraft).

I know, I'm some kind of minority at this topic :D

I personally tend to avoid making ports and airports just because the rates at which the planes circulate are SO out of control... It brings me to another idea, what about being able to adjust the schedule of transport coming from outside the city?

4 hours ago, Delta2k5 said:

Ah, I see :) So as of the alpha version, they're not available yet? 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, LGJ said:

Ah, I see :) So as of the alpha version, they're not available yet? 

They are functionally available, they're just not visible.

On 11/18/2016 at 6:36 PM, Mr_Maison said:

Hi, welcome! I think once this mod is out, many more players will be using the first person cameras to enjoy riding the subways. It's no fun going underground and seeing everything in the city just floating above you.

I hope that will happen too. Many players would love to use that metro overhaul mod and use newer metro trains and elevated/ground-level metro stations from the Steam Workshop instead of mods like Extra Train Station Tracks and elevated/underground train stations.

1 person likes this

On 11/10/2016 at 6:36 AM, wasmic said:

There are at least two stations using island platforms, but only one of them are released. Also, it's not possible to create elevated or underground island platform stations yet, which is kinda sad because multi-level stations are one of the places where island platforms makes a lot of sense.

When will it be possible for elevated and underground island platform metro stations to be created?

1 hour ago, j4lambert said:

When will it be possible for elevated and underground island platform metro stations to be created?

As soon as @andreharv creates one way station tracks. You can read about it on previous pages...

2 people like this

While I'm dealing with Toronto Union and Stadler Glasgow Line, there's train set in the Workshop, which might need to be converted to MOM set; 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803713927

I was planning to do it as well, but someone made it before me, considering the number of subscribers it has, I just didn't want it to be forgotten in the workshop. I'm a fan of Stadler made trains, as you probably noticed by now, lol.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, R3V0 said:

While I'm dealing with Toronto Union and Stadler Glasgow Line, there's train set in the Workshop, which might need to be converted to MOM set; 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803713927

I was planning to do it as well, but someone made it before me, considering the number of subscribers it has, I just didn't want it to be forgotten in the workshop. I'm a fan of Stadler made trains, as you probably noticed by now, lol.

So are you going to make the Stadler Flirt 3xl train?

19 minutes ago, mikamaty said:

So are you going to make the Stadler Flirt 3xl train?

Yes, Flirt 3rd Gen is in my plans. 

1 person likes this

ANY CHANCE ANY OF THESE STATIONS CAN BECOME OVER ROAD PLOPPABLE LIKE MrMaison's NYC SUBWAY STATIONS IN BROOKLYN? ;AND WILL THERE BE ANY STATIONS THAT CAN SUPPORT 3 OR 4 TRACK STATION LIKE NYC MTA OVERGROUND STATIONS? LIKE HERE 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.630129,-73.9818216,435a,20y,90h,41.59t/data=!3m1!1e3.  

AND UNDERGROUND LIKE THIS

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6117552,-73.9819181,398a,20y,81.5h/data=!3m1!1e3

14 minutes ago, jstatha said:

ANY CHANCE ANY OF THESE STATIONS CAN BECOME OVER ROAD PLOPPABLE LIKE MrMaison's NYC SUBWAY STATIONS IN BROOKLYN? ;AND WILL THERE BE ANY STATIONS THAT CAN SUPPORT 3 OR 4 TRACK STATION LIKE NYC MTA OVERGROUND STATIONS? LIKE HERE 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.630129,-73.9818216,435a,20y,90h,41.59t/data=!3m1!1e3.  

AND UNDERGROUND LIKE THIS

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6117552,-73.9819181,398a,20y,81.5h/data=!3m1!1e3

YES, 3 OR 4 TRACK ISLAND PLATFORMS ARE PLANNED ALONG WITH SUNKEN STATIONS IF YOU TAKE A LOOK AT PREVIOUS PAGES YOU WILL SEE THOSE STATIONS

5 people like this

THANKS @R3V0. WILL GO PERFECTLY WITH MY BROOKLYN AND MANHATTAN MAPS IVE BEEN WORKING ON.  JUST FINISHING UP HAND MODIFYING ROADS. IS IT RECOMENDED TO EVEN WORK ON MY TRAIN LAYOUT OR JUST WAIT FOR MoM TO COME OUT?

1 person likes this

THANK YOU GUYS, WILL DEF POST CITIES TO WORKSHOP AS A WORK IN PROGRESS AS WELL. 

So I decided to make a station, this time a large central station inspired by Shibuya Station in Tokyo. (I was actually originally going to do a straight model of Shibuya Station but decided not to). Anyways as nice as it looks I can't really get it to work in the game. I want to believe it has something to do with the Sub-Buildings enabler mod. What's not seen is the 2 underground Metro Platforms, meaning this station has 3 Metro stations 2 Underground in a + configuration and an above ground one like at Shibuya Station.

20161122163922_1.jpg

20161122163907_1.jpg

20161122163828_1.jpg

20161122163816_1.jpg

20161122163757_1.jpg

20161122163745_1.jpg

20161122163733_1.jpg

20161122163713_1.jpg

20161122163649_1.jpg

@JSF-1

Your station doesn't look like anything....

Because your images are invisible, I believe it's due to the number or their size. Could you update them as imgur links or give links instead ?