• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us with our donation goal for a new Chat upgrade!   04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
anselm_eickhoff

The Road to Alpha, Week 89 - Theory and Practice

9 posts in this topic

Well, I am glad you have finally decided on your multitasking technique, of which there are several.  Shared memory is probably the quickest and makes a nice save file image, of course.  I didn't see anything in this presentation about deadly embrace or race condition prevention, but I guess you have figured out a way to gate the list, probably using a semaphore system.

I get the impression you are writing your own graphics presentation engine.  Have you considered other options such as ogre?  You can go multilingual from your base, so you shouldn't have any real problem creating a wrapper for it, if one does not already exist for Java Script.

I assume you will be needing an operating system that will be able to use both segmentation and paging for memory management as well as multitasking.  How large a process are you envisioning?

One is forced to assume that a trip to Italy is for the nice weather and the food and is therefore a holiday.  Have a good time.

The squirrel at the end of the video is very out of place.

Probably what you get if you forget to close a semaphore.

Liked how well you explained things for us lamens.  Enough info, and done visually, so that I can understand what's going on, without the crossed eyes and headache of trying to figure out what terms I've never herd of mean.  Do you have any update on when y'all think a playable alpha release will be?

The end of the video reminds me of the dogs in the movie UP!...

Edited by Architechnid

I would like to have AE add in more random nature clips at the end of his future videos, because they are very entertaining.

At first you didn't want it.  What changed your mind?

I would like to have AE add in more random nature clips at the end of his future videos, because they are very entertaining.

I meant to say "out of place" in a good way.

I meant to say "out of place" in a good way.

Hmmm.  I don't know how to do that.  This phrase is rather semantically negative.  Perhaps "interesting" might have been what you meant.