• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
GC_Vos

Network Extensions Project

650 posts in this topic

If that is the case will we, as a user have to do anything to prepare or will any National Roads/Two and Four Lanes migrate properly? I've used them extensively in my new city and would hate to load it to find them all gone... or has compatibility been assured by CO?

4 hours ago, boformer said:

NExt roads are NExt roads, vanilla roads are vanilla roads. There is nothing you can do.

I'm assuming by this you mean cities will still be compatible we'll just have two versions of different types of roads (vanilla and NExt)?

Turjan and alborzka like this

@hbn See Rotype's answer - he's correct there will be two different types. CO are making their own roads, just like if you have AD and the bus roads which come with that. NExt still has it's own bus roads.

Turjan likes this

15 hours ago, boformer said:

NExt roads are NExt roads, vanilla roads are vanilla roads. There is nothing you can do.

2 hours ago, Avanya said:

@hbn See Rotype's answer - he's correct there will be two different types. CO are making their own roads, just like if you have AD and the bus roads which come with that. NExt still has it's own bus roads.

I wonder if paradox will insist on having the NExt versions removed as they will probs be a part of the paid expansion not the free patch?

I don't think they ever made  a dick move like that. There's lots of people who don't use mods though, and I guess that's their main target audience with these roads.

hitzu likes this

So basically there'll just be two roads in like the six lane with bus lanes? I suppose safest bet would be to upgrade to the now default versions afterwards depending on which works better.

I really wish they would do a video about the road editor they mentioned. I feel like it's going to be a huge let down.

And they integrated traffic light management.....which is a nice option..... I just hope it doesn't bork TM:PE.

schokoladeneis 1 and mikamaty like this

2 hours ago, Avanya said:

...But hopefully our wonderful modders are up to the task for fixing them (lets all remember to send them some love when that happens to drown out the complaints).

Definitely sending some love. Especially since last time (1.6) I was able to get back into my city within a few days!

Modders (including yourself @Avanya I have I think all of your assets) are definitely propping up a large part of this community.

Alexgru88, gfvsims and alborzka like this

I was impressed at the speed which modders adapted their work to make it compatible with Natural Disasters- but recognition to Colossal Order who worked hard to ensure modders had access to the info required in advance of the launch. Hopeful that Mass Transit will transition as smoothly.

gfvsims likes this

Short answer, there should be no problems.  If CO is making similar roads, there will appear to be duplicates in which case you can use what you want.

gfvsims, Avanya and hitzu like this

Will there be a NeXT 3 for the new DLC?

NeXT 2 works fine with it from what I've seen, but they added some cool new..... um.. pathing and textures?

Like if you switch directions of asymmetrical roads along a stretch of road, it adds like a merge line for traffic. 

1 hour ago, jumonjii said:

Will there be a NeXT 3 for the new DLC?

NeXT 2 works fine with it from what I've seen, but they added some cool new..... um.. pathing and textures?

Like if you switch directions of asymmetrical roads along a stretch of road, it adds like a merge line for traffic. 

That's good news that CO has added additional road textures to support the new roads.  I was browsing the AMA and they were working on a road editor of some sort, no details beyond that the idea is being developed.

There's prob no need for a version 3 - version 2 came about since only one person can update the mod and Katalyst isn't that active anymore. ;)

@andreharv BUG: the node textures are flipped for the M.T. assymetrical roads. I'm assuming that it's this mod doing that (I haven't got crosswalks mod so this is the only one i can think of that affects nodes like this)

QUHSwJp.jpg

That's what I was referring to. They added a new texture for when you have opposite asymmetrical roads connected.

42 minutes ago, jumonjii said:

That's what I was referring to. They added a new texture for when you have opposite asymmetrical roads connected.

yes i knew what you were referring. were you reporting the bug? because i was. the texture above has the node texture flipped incorrectly (it isn't like that in the vanilla game) the double solid line is supposed to flow smoothly from one segment to the next

I'm confused -- I don't see any node flipping bugs for either NEXT or vanilla asymmetrical roads?

Screenshot from 2017-05-18 23-12-37.png

2 hours ago, Bad Peanut said:

@andreharv BUG: the node textures are flipped for the M.T. assymetrical roads. I'm assuming that it's this mod doing that (I haven't got crosswalks mod so this is the only one i can think of that affects nodes like this)

QUHSwJp.jpg

here's my output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuywylh4ll61e1h/(networkextensions MT)output_log.txt?dl=0

I ended up getting much bigger problems once I started laying down new public transport types. I started getting prefabs and props disappearing as i zoomed in. But #disclaimer I don't understand output logs so I can't be sure if it's NExt or something else causing havoc with them.,

EDIT: It's got to be something else. I still get it without NExt. if someone can look at my output log that would be great ;) otherwise I'll just go through one at a time

UPDATE: the other problems were due to network skins :)