• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Dirktator

STEX CDs and Donations

364 posts in this topic

Methods to donate to Simtropolis.  We will accept any currency, via any of the following methods:

#1 (Preferred) PayPal
Just click the donate button  here and it will take you to where you need to go.

#2 Mail In Donations
We will accept mailed in donations, money orders and cheques are ideal.  If you must send cash, be sure to enclose it inside a greeting card.  You know the risks with sending cash, so the choice is up to you. 

You can mail your donations.  The address has changed, so please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and inquire.

If you have any questions, please PM me! 

Thanks everyone!  40.gif

SimsTG likes this

A note to my fellow Americans:  a one ounce letter to Canada requires 60 cents worth of postage.

Edit:  the postage rates went up.  It's now 63 cents.

?_? @ this topic not pinned.

Anyway, I want to ask if I can use debit card for STEX collection volume No. 1 (will do for volume No. 2 when it is due to come out this September or so page says but it is always subject to change in date, obviously. Hey, we have seen that happened with video games too. LOL not big deal anyway). I am not certain if paypal is the place to go for that. Also I have been hearing some uneasiness from others about Paypal. I am not sure if that have to do with its security/privacy aspect or those people who abuses PayPal. You will have to forgive me for not being able to recall much as I seems to be prone to forgetting things even though I am only set to turn 21 on August 23rd. LOL.

Anyway, I just noticed that there is a possible typo on collector's edition volume 2 page at http://www.simtropolis.com/stexcollectors/ (not sure if that's correct address o.O). A heading said 12 instead of 2 for volume number. Not sure if that's typo or fact. I am kind of confused by that one. x.x

Anyway, I got to go now. Oh, and I recommend this topic be pinned as a topic for any questions relating to collectors editions. I advise it.

Have a good day (or evening if that is your case lol).

Respectfully Yours,

Chief of Staff to Mayor Drik (Just Kidding LOL)

I use PayPal all the time, both as a payment method and as CC transaction processing system for a couple of my ecommerce sites and I can safely say PayPal is 100% safe and secure....

There have been cases of phishing, trying to spoof users into revealing their account details, but PayPal is safe and has all sorts of safeguards and fraud prevention..Donate with confidence 4.gif

Well, here's what I think cash can get through more safely... padded envelope inside a bigger envelope... or safer still, have it 'sandwiched' between cardboard (although the postal costs might be high).

I won't bother using PayPal because of the risks of 'Internet cash dealings', so I will stick to the mailbox. Good old thing.

Well.. If I had 45$, I would donate, and I would send the money via post... I don't have PayPal.. But unfortunetly, I don't have any cash, so the only thing I can do is... advertise the STEX Collector's CD & DVD in my signature...

Good method Constantina...

Originally posted by: Constantina Well, here's what I think cash can get through more safely... padded envelope inside a bigger envelope... or safer still, have it 'sandwiched' between cardboard (although the postal costs might be high).quote>

How will a padded envelope help?  Paper money isn't fragile you know, it won't break if you bend it or drop it.

I won't bother using PayPal because of the risks of 'Internet cash dealings', so I will stick to the mailbox. Good old thing.quote>

Sorry for the caps, but obviously you didn't hear me:

THERE ARE NO RISKS IN USING PAYPAL....IT IS SAFER TO TRANSFER MONEY THIS WAY THAN VIA MAIL!!!

hey, sloppet-

I'll kick in the 45 bucks for you along with mine, so you'll have to let ST know where to send the CDs once the checks arrive there.

Heh...I saw your sig this morning along with the post count in your avatar and wondered if you were on Community Work Service or something.  Nice to see you back.

Some time ago, I wanted to donate but as I don't have a credit card, I can't donate via PayPal.

So I mailed simtropolis asking them how to do so via mail.

I received the answer to send an Internationnal Money Order to:

[Adress supressed for privacy reasion]

Canada

However, no finicial institution in my city seemed to know what an "Internationnal Money Order" is. The only constructive answer I could receive was form Western Union. They said they could send the money to him, but they needed is complete name. I guess it is "Dirk Pham", but as I have no other info, i prefered not to send the money. The mail adress I received via email is no the same as the one on top of this topic ( 21 Rebecca Street)

However, I can't use this adress either as there's no "full name" in it...

If someone could help, I'd be gratefull...

Thanks

Ace Spizzer

i dont have Credit card...

Can use a money transfer such as Western Union... this is the only way i found as a prefered payment type..

What do you think... edit the sticky info...? ehehe

I believe you should be able to, but you'll need to get in touch with Dirk about that.

Is it possible to wire money (say, $10US) straight from a savings account, or will I need to take out $10.63?

Make note of my signature.

I have made a small donation too but I'm not in Canada or in America....

I live in Sweden, on the 28:th of June I made the donation so it will take a little bit longer for the disc's to get to me???

I have a question, do you have a list of previous donors. I have made one in the past and got my CD's I want to make another, would you know it's my second and as such do not need to send the CD's??

I'm almost positive that you can add a note to the donation, in which you can say that you don't want the CD's.

how long does it ushally take to get the cd and the dvd because I sent my donation via paypal over 3 weeks ago and still have not recieved them

Depends on where you live, folks in North America will get theirs a lot faster than those in Europe or Asia. If you don't receive it in another week or so, I'd send a PM to dirk. 4.gif

I got the cd and dvd yesterday and they are awesome so far!! 4.gif This makes it seem like a whole new game very sweet

Hi,

On 25 January I purchased, via Paypal, the two-disc STEX set. I have not yet received that purchase, and am curious to know the status.

Regards,

Scott Chisholm

nukesnipe - What country do you live in?

Clemenzione - Austria it might take a little longer.

North Americans will get their CD before people living in Europe, Asia, and Australia. I'd give it another week. If its not there then you can contact Dirk.

Originally posted by: Mikeaut1 nukesnipe - What country do you live in?

Clemenzione - Austria it might take a little longer.

North Americans will get their CD before people living in Europe, Asia, and Australia. I'd give it another week. If its not there then you can contact Dirk.quote>

Hi,

I live in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA.

Regards,

Scott Chisholm

Originally posted by: nukesnipe Hi,

On 25 January I purchased, via Paypal, the two-disc STEX set. I have not yet received that purchase, and am curious to know the status.

Regards,

Scott Chisholmquote>

Hi,

I received my order today.  

Regards,

Scott Chisholm

Hey, I made a donation this sunday. I haven't received a confirmation that you have received it though, so I'm starting to worry. What is the state of things? I generously donated $40. 4.gif

Your best bet is to send a private message to our webmaster and ruler of all Simtropolites, Dirk. He'll know if the donation went through.