• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gillie159

Wanting in.

6 posts in this topic

Hellooooooo.

I have been following citybound for a while now and i love the progress. When are we likely to see the art style of the game? e.g. Concepts.

I've been making a few models (Building, shops etc) and come up with some cool designs. Which brings me onto another question of is Anselm going to be asking for help anytime soon.

I ask this because surely the whole asset part will take a while even with a team.

If i have mist a talk about this i apologies and i'd be thankfull if i was directed if so. 

Josh. 

I've linked an image of two building not with the textures and they are models iv copied from simcity conepts. 

post-706450-0-87060700-1431989412_thumb.

I am pretty sure that City Bound will rely completely on procedurally generated buildings and it is written in ECMAScript (JS, Javascript). However, if you figure out scripts or have ideas, you can help tremendously. I would love to pay up to $50 to alpha test City Bound.

--Ocram

Good to see some enthusiasm here.  I don't think Anselm has released a specification of creating graphics/mods as yet.  If it is procedural, let me suggest you'd better be a pretty good programmer in Java/Java Script.

Ye i don't know much about coding, I'm more of a Environment artist so it all sounds very complicated to me.

I think i know what you mean when they will be randomly generated but apart from just having a bunch of squares someone will need to create a WIDE variation of buildings. This including modelling, texturing etc. This will take a while. But ye i haven't seen any specifications apart from a small description about the graphics being minimalistic and looking like mirrors edge. Be cool to see a look of the game from a arts point of view instead of a load of coding to describe the feel of the game.

Josh.

I'm sure there will be a need for artists at some point, but I'm not sure Anselm is there yet.  It's great to see continued interest in this project though, and maybe Anselm will stop by and set the record straight.  :)

1 person likes this

Perhaps, but ye he already has the crewed blocked buildings in. id love to see some trees in there and a variation of buildings. but ye like you said its down to where he is. 

I'd love to know how he's creating the roads because if later on there's going to be different terrain, how would the road adjust to it. this also includes building car parks etc.

Anyone know when the next live stream is?