Mr_Maison

Mr_Maison's Creations [Canary Island Date Palm 2.0 Released! 8/5/2017]

327 posts in this topic

sflRqH3.jpg

Introducing a simple willow tree for more variety. More willow types are in the works.

vGRZ5Wn.jpg

Now available on the STEX

My first Map..."Denns River Falls" Also available on STEX Steam Workshop https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439398020

JeK906g.jpg

w2wP96F.jpg

BBUMSuI.jpg

I9GIVDI.jpg

hnriWU4.jpg

EDIT: The map was merged into this post 5/29/2015.

Good work for the first model ! :)

Perhaps Half size of the scale will be better ?

House are very small for comparison.

Thank You!

The sizes vary at random as you plop them. Some come out small as the native trees and others get taller like what you see in the pic. Actually if you really look around, the native trees in game are under scaled compared to real life trees. These trees would tower over such small homes. Also I think we have some limited control when it comes to the tree sizes. I'm looking into that now. I want to make trees wide enough for the branches to cross small roads.

Good work for the first model ! :)

Perhaps Half size of the scale will be better ?

House are very small for comparison.

Thank You!

The sizes vary at random as you plop them. Some come out small as the native trees and others get taller like what you see in the pic. Actually if you really look around, the native trees in game are under scaled compared to real life trees. These trees would tower over such small homes. Also I think we have some limited control when it comes to the tree sizes. I'm looking into that now. I want to make trees wide enough for the branches to cross small roads.

There's an option in the ToolController to set the scaling of the tree....you have a min scale and max scale. Set them both to the same value (whatever value you want that to be) and the trees will plop the same size every time.

Thanks for that info wallacet! learning new things everyday. I will play with those settings and make a smaller version for those who prefer it. I like randomness when it comes to nature.

There's an option in the ToolController to set the scaling of the tree....you have a min scale and max scale. Set them both to the same value (whatever value you want that to be) and the trees will plop the same size every time.

Where is the tool controller located? I only see "scale" with one option where it's at 1.  I want to make an updated version of the Willow for smaller trees. I also have another tree ready for prime time but definitely have to have some size control.

Also, anyone know how to update an asset so players get the update automatically? I don't want to end up with 10 versions of the same tree in the workshop because of minor fixes.

Where is the tool controller located? I only see "scale" with one option where it's at 1.  I want to make an updated version of the Willow for smaller trees. I also have another tree ready for prime time but definitely have to have some size control.

Also, anyone know how to update an asset so players get the update automatically? I don't want to end up with 10 versions of the same tree in the workshop because of minor fixes.

Go here:

You'll need to download ModTools (a link for that is in that thread...read through TPB's first post and you should find what you are looking for)

Preview

vyHxLyf.jpg

pda1EQL.jpg

Rkfp1AZ.jpg

Introducing the Shady Tree to provide more shade in the neighborhoods. This comes in a set of 2 trees. One for the right and another for left side placement to cover small roads with shade. I imagine this would be great for parks too. I will be releasing this very soon.

Those shady trees turned out really well Mr_Maison!  Did you ever toy around with the scaling values to get these larger and to hang over the road more?

Those shady trees turned out really well Mr_Maison!  Did you ever toy around with the scaling values to get these larger and to hang over the road more?

Not yet. I was surprised when this tree reached over the road. Now we know it's possible. I'm about to explore some more options through the mod tools.

Go here:

You'll need to download ModTools (a link for that is in that thread...read through TPB's first post and you should find what you are looking for)

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Thanks for the link. I have some reading to do.

I downloaded them, but can't seem to tell the difference between the two? They are both great, but the shade is on the same side for both? I got from steam workshop.

I downloaded them, but can't seem to tell the difference between the two? They are both great, but the shade is on the same side for both? I got from steam workshop.

Thanks Dyas!

Both versions are the same tree indeed. The shade is on the same side because of the game's sun position (the light is not baked into the trees). The difference is if you especially place them on a road going north/south, the branches that cover the street the most would point either west or east. It is basically the same tree rotated so you can make tree covered roads or whatever. I did it this way because we cannot rotate trees in game....at least that's what I read. If this changes we would only need one such tree.

Thanks to your question, I updated my description in the workshop for clarity.

Ah, that makes sense.

I did not use that tree correctly here, it is just in the Forrest behind the high school. I did use your willows by the skate park though. I will think about improving there use in the future. As we can't rotate, don't we need 4 kinds of trees than?

255710_2015-05-08_00001.png?psid=1

I did not use that tree correctly here, it is just in the Forrest behind the high school. I did use your willows by the skate park though. I will think about improving there use in the future. As we can't rotate, don't we need 4 kinds of trees than?

Cool, I would love to see a close up shot. There's no correct way to use this tree so no worries. Just if you want to cover a road or path you have to pay attention to the extreme branches as the tree is not perfectly circular. Do you have the first person mod? If I made 4 versions of every tree like this, I would feel like I'm spamming the place. I'm taking it slow in anticipation of what CO might open up for us as far as modding tools and in game enhancements.. Or I might make 4 piece sets exclusive to STEX since we can place multiple files in one download menu that's more like a package with optional downloads.......you just gave me another idea! :idea:

A thought, if you want the tree to line the road, could you put it as a needs road, and then it will rotate to the road as needed? I know you loose anywhere function, but that might be another option?

I do have first person, I have great plans for your tree. I have a CJ and I will try and call out your tree when I use it.

A thought, if you want the tree to line the road, could you put it as a needs road, and then it will rotate to the road as needed? I know you loose anywhere function, but that might be another option?

I do have first person, I have great plans for your tree. I have a CJ and I will try and call out your tree when I use it.

That's something to explore. I did think of making some tree lined roads in the editor. But we have to be careful with such trees not to over plop them because they are higher in polygons than the native trees. If you have a decent PC then should be no problem.

Can't wait to see it in your CJ

I'm currently working on a couple more trees. Should have something else to show soon. I really hope the in-game icons get fixed in the next update or the tree menu is really going to be a chore to go through.

That's something to explore. I did think of making some tree lined roads in the editor. But we have to be careful with such trees not to over plop them because they are higher in polygons than the native trees. If you have a decent PC then should be no problem.

Can't wait to see it in your CJ

I'm currently working on a couple more trees. Should have something else to show soon. I really hope the in-game icons get fixed in the next update or the tree menu is really going to be a chore to go through.

I added it today. The post with your trees in it is here:

They look great in a sunken highway/surface street overpass.

255710_2015-05-12_00010.png?psid=1

XQbJa6j.jpg

s0hHXQl.jpg

tNGtA57.jpg

cCq41AF.jpg

Also a Young Birch Tree version

1TZmxal.jpg

73Mf41H.jpg

l0qsf19.jpg

These Birch trees are the first of a series. There will be seasonal versions released soon. These trees are available on the STEX http://community.simtropolis.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=11505and Steam Workshop. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198185148005/myworkshopfiles/?appid=255710

Stay tuned for more.

Fantastic! If you're looking for your next flora, I'd love more for tropical! Perhaps some non-Palm Tree stuff.

Thank you! I do have a Breadfruit Tree on my to do list among some others like Mango. I'm a Jamaican decent so you can count on some tropical bush from me.

wallecet- Thank you!

One More....

hv6BYjR.jpg

Geez....stop making this game look so good.....you're gonna have the SC4 folk after you in no time!

Oh No, Not my own people! I thought we all wanted a new city builder. What was all that crying for these past years? Besides I still have SC4 installed....I promise. Lol. :D

But seriously, thanks wallacet.

NYC R22 Subway train WIP. This is a preview of my next upload. I grew up riding these things in NYC and since they been retired the city never been the same. My hope is that these trains will bring the same character to Cities Skylines as it did to make NYC so unique among other cities. I also plan to release a paint kit later so the community can exercise their creativity on these trains giving us more liveries to diversify our train flavors without running from police. For starters I'm making 2 clean versions including one Red Bird and of course, a Dirty version with graffiti as seen in the pics below.

The textures in these Alpha screenshots are just for testing. I'm currently in Photoshop making the proper texture map. I started a model of this train 4 years ago but the original model is very high poly. I even modeled the rivets. So I had to make this one for the game as a relatively very low poly version which is still on the high side for C:S so far at 2600 tris. I been working on this one for a couple of weeks so far. Here are some WIP test shots

paw3ZMO.jpgj3pIbuu.jpg6q2ObK5.jpg2Fyjbm9.jpgQfu0bpy.jpg

I REALLY can't wait to see it in game doing service. There's not enough time in a day......

Edited by Mr_Maison