• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
TPB

Show us what you're working on!

535 posts in this topic

I don't know if I should post it here or on a different 'show us your...' thread, but... I've been working on the creatively named Lakefield, my city from the Natural Disasters Floodland Plains scenario. Decided to make an Imgur album that is half walkthrough, half showcase *:):

Pluispixel and matias93 like this

Something Very unusual from me!Since mods did not work with the map editor,i had to make a requested map vanilla.

Album here:

2 minutes ago, Silur said:

I think  - this thread is a double by 

Show Us What You're Working On

May be rename this thread - may be "Show Us What You're Working - Skylines".

Thank You  

It would be pointless,since they are in separate threads,but share the same goal

They are virtually indistinguishable in the position "Activity". "Seiko" and "Selko" ...   

I may have chopped things up and made it awkward to accommodate a new station. The tunnels on the left crossover to the correct side underground. Unfortunately for the train station, the roads for the bus station are the wrong way around. They're built for right-side driving and not left-side which I use. Further alterations may include a full replanning of the city retail area you see at the bottom half to realign the grid and close off empty space and clearing a bunch of development for the new highway in construction and allowing me to rejoin the station's top half of platforms to the external network and devising how to connect the other side on the right..

20170426195141_1.jpg

After having to wait 3 months on a new computer I finally can play CS again!  with 16 gb of memory and a ryzen 7  it should be enough to continue building.  Starting a new map  I first build a powerplant with some adjacent industry. Right now I m busy with building a Water treatment plant and detailing the perimeter.

20170428013115_1.jpg

20170428013151_1.jpg

20170428013200_1.jpg

20170428013216_1.jpg

On 01.05.2017 at 7:11 PM, SpacePixel said:

Accurate post-soviet yardsh4J5gXF.png

Not realistic enough! they should be parked on the grass. :D

Larma likes this

On 5/1/2017 at 4:11 PM, SpacePixel said:

Accurate post-soviet yards

Cripes, I think that has to be among  the most realistic screenshot I've seen to date 0_o I had to look twice, then rub my eyes, then look again, and still I wasn't quite sure...
Amazing, shooters or action games wouldn't have to be ashamed of such graphics!!

5 hours ago, hitzu said:

Not realistic enough! they should be parked on the grass. :D

Most of the cars in this yard are parked in the mud, this shot shows probably the cleanest place here, so don't worry, everything is realistic enough! :)

Hey guys,

I've been experimenting with creating an area of reclaimed land and underground canals on the riverside of the city (Based on the  'Dark Arches' under Leeds Station). It's only in the early stages but I've found that Armesto's Roman Bridge makes a pretty good 'entrance' for the water.

I'm still messing about with the quays for the shape of the rivers (and have a few ideas that I want to explore further with this) but I'd be happy to see what people think.

20170507165444_1.thumb.jpg.8e9449a54292ebb2fac5fee026276d4a.jpg

20170507165119_1.thumb.jpg.e3606da1e8a7435af4fd16a6f9dd2a7b.jpg

20170507165105_1.thumb.jpg.1059e467098ba6175964d6dda8fd1e2e.jpg

Horus_Kol, Celast, Ryno917 and 4 others like this

25 minutes ago, SpacePixel said:

Stalin-era cinemaiL0EvfX.png

42sEzy0.png

very nice and simple! looks like a typical soviet plaza

Horus_Kol likes this

Even more progress. I should start my own city journal *:P

GSQrpFe.jpg

Starting to reclaim the two sunken settlements. I called this island "Proyect Insula":

MyMdH7Y.jpg

Since Mass Transit is about to be released, I'm trying to plan ahead a little. Marked potential sites for ferry stops with abandoned piers, for example.

This proyect caused some casualties on the main city. A couple thousand citizens, some houses and a taxi stand were washed away twice :dead:

ydxyact.jpg

Redecorating the memorial area. I wanted to use those low tri flowers and bushes from the workshop in conjunction with some vanilla stuff.

Uw3ExVb.jpg

And finally, I rebuilt the old factory area. Now it's the home of the LOFTA (Lakefield Old Factory Transit Authority) *;)

oslondavid, Horus_Kol and nos.17 like this