• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ModMarkie

Idea Suggestion: Districts

4 posts in this topic

My apologies if this has already been discuss.

Add the ability to create districts which are independent of zoning areas and can eliminate the dreaded circle of influence .

One type which is purely cosmetic, architecture district which control the type of buildings ie: create a Chinatown for example.

The important ones would be School, Police and Fire Districts. So for example, any school inside the district will serve the residents of that district, placement of the schools, fire station, etc does not matter.

Ideally the district can be of any shape but just a adjustable rectangle would be fine and is more realistic than using circles.

Use can also use district for hospitals.

Creating rural farm towns in Simcity 4 was quite frustrating, typically these small towns have a huge school district served by a small school.

Anyways, just offering an idea...

I think this has been thrashed out under the topic of GIS.

1 person likes this

I have already discussed the implementation of districts using GIS analysis, such as Voronoi polygons and proximity.

It would be interesting for ethnic enclaves to pop up, although it has to be done in such a way that certain ethnic minorities would not end up being stuck impoverished and crime ridden.