• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anselm_eickhoff

2014 in Review

13 posts in this topic

Well!  And very well!  Anselm it has been a privilege to see you become a man.  Good luck with your thesis, upcoming marriage, and generally with your career in computers.  Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.

Oh, and will you be doing Master's work in St. Petersburg?

John Winterton

Professor, Computer Science (retired).

Compdude787 and mrsmartman like this

Congratulations, Anzelm!

I wish the best for you and CityBound amd I am happy that you will marry the love of your life. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Marco Meza

College Student

I wish the best of luck for 2015.  Enjoy yourself and treat yourself and your Russian friend a great 2015.

Johnny Au

Honours Bachelor of Arts with High Distinction, University of Toronto

It's amazing to see how much has happened to you in 2014. You have created a really promising game that I think will be a monster when it is finished- maybe the best urban simulator game to date. Good luck with your life in Russia and with your future wife. And I hope 2015 will be an even more fruitful year for Citybound's development.

Miles Saunders-Priem

BSc (Honours) Mathematics Degree - 2.1, Open University

A lot of changes indeed! You are in an exciting part of your life. You are taking a lot of chances, but that is what life is all about! Make sure your new wife gets on your list of priorities..lol

Good  luck with all your future endeavors. I am looking forward to see your game coming up in the future. :)

I look forward to your further progress on the game. 

Also you must have very good circulation for my hands even gloved were frozen on my cycle home this morning and it isn't even frosty where I am. Don't think I'll ever marry a Russian for that reason lol.

The more I think about it the more I think your project has a greater chance of becoming what we all want in simcity 5 rather than Cities Skylines, which I just don't see achieving that. But naturally all great projects take time to complete, and indeed that is why Simcity 4 could have been greater than it was.

So I daresay I speak for all Simtropolitans when I say that I trust you will progress with the game and that we shall have updates to look forward to next year

I pretty much Agree with Mark_Kochan here. I have confidence that this maybe a true successor of Simcity 4 we've been waiting for as I had a tad feeling when you first announced the game, and as it progressed, it became more and more evident. As compared to Cities:Skyline which I think is just trying to be spinoff of Simcity 2013 and just trying to be a bang for the buck before running dry...
Your active community engagement and attitude reflects the quality the game posses. and its been a pleasure watching this game progress from the start and being part of the ever-growing citybound community which I hope one day will be as big and as great the Simcity 4 community. Moreover, seeing Citybound seems to reflect your personal growth as a character, I find this game has a very human touch as well. Which is very warming and different compared to the other games like Cities Skyline or Simcity 2013. Which I find seems to represent and give off a real strong community as well.

The great thing about indie gaming is that they often stay true to their original intent and not water down to the masses in the name of profit.

Citybound would become a great indie game that won't disappoint.  I hope that you reject any offers from EA, no matter how generous, because they would want to buy Citybound and ruin it.

Compdude787 likes this

The great thing about indie gaming is that they often stay true to their original intent and not water down to the masses in the name of profit.

Citybound would become a great indie game that won't disappoint.  I hope that you reject any offers from EA, no matter how generous, because they would want to buy Citybound and ruin it.

Or any other big studio.  They always want to set release deadlines that conflict with the quality assurance cycle.  And they won't want to sell it unless they've pissed in it first.

Citybound would become a great indie game that won't disappoint. I hope that you reject any offers from EA, no matter how generous, because they would want to buy Citybound and ruin it.

Or any other big studio. They always want to set release deadlines that conflict with the quality assurance cycle. And they won't want to sell it unless they've pissed in it first.

Yep, agreed. Please don't accept and handover Citybound for any studio no matter the offer regardless. They'll ruin the very thing that changed you and it'll be like gesture of destroying what you've become and what Citybound ever was ad what it represented. Don;t let Citybound turn into a disposable cash cow..

Urban Cartographer likes this

I'm in your corner, of course I'm excited to play your game but the approach your taking I think is obviously smart and responsible. I can't wait for one of these periodic development videos they have been a pleasure to follow.

Stay independent! 

Edited by Jamonbread