• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for June & July   06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
nos.17

nos.17 Lot Development

332 posts in this topic

While taking a short (long) break from B62 content, I have made some progress on my custom T21 mod, primarily using Neko's sidewalk mod, and combining about 5 others meant for various networks. So far, I've been focusing on streets and avenues. I have removed all of the parts I do not like from the streets (manholes that appeared way too freaking often, and the guardrails on the street edge). Same thing for roads. For the avenues, the tweaking is not quite done. I like the sides, but need to adjust the frequency for the center planters & trees from this mod. Honestly, the Maxis planters aren't all that bad, but just don't fit with the overall theme.

If you want to keep the manhole, but make them less frequent there are a number of ways to do it. You can create a new override for the prop exemplar with the property "random chance" which will only display the model based on the percentage chance of appearing you input. This does require converting the prop to RTK 4. Otherwise put it in a prop family with a number of blank props (i.e. RTK 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000). If you had 9 blank props and 1 actual prop in this family there would be a 10% chance of the prop appearing. To put it another way, it would appear 90% less frequently. Give me a shout if you need any further info on this.

I really like the original mod, but it's way too Japanese, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I hate working with T21s personally.

While taking a short (long) break from B62 content, I have made some progress on my custom T21 mod, primarily using Neko's sidewalk mod, and combining about 5 others meant for various networks. So far, I've been focusing on streets and avenues. I have removed all of the parts I do not like from the streets (manholes that appeared way too freaking often, and the guardrails on the street edge). Same thing for roads. For the avenues, the tweaking is not quite done. I like the sides, but need to adjust the frequency for the center planters & trees from this mod. Honestly, the Maxis planters aren't all that bad, but just don't fit with the overall theme.

If you want to keep the manhole, but make them less frequent there are a number of ways to do it. You can create a new override for the prop exemplar with the property "random chance" which will only display the model based on the percentage chance of appearing you input. This does require converting the prop to RTK 4. Otherwise put it in a prop family with a number of blank props (i.e. RTK 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000). If you had 9 blank props and 1 actual prop in this family there would be a 10% chance of the prop appearing. To put it another way, it would appear 90% less frequently. Give me a shout if you need any further info on this.

I really like the original mod, but it's way too Japanese, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I hate working with T21s personally.

Thanks rsc! Thats a great idea...I wouldn't have thought of that. Honestly, though, I am fine without them, but if I feel like exerting the effort, will do that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to B62:

Coursety of @DavidDHetzel who sent this to me, I am mostly done with the next lot. I am going a little different direction prop-wise. While working on my T21 mod, I discovered Neko's and mas71's fantastic props...I will try to utilize them more as I absolutely LOVE them.
 bis.gif

Presenting... ShopKo

C0zYdkM.jpg

Looks good so far!

And yes, those two have made some particularly awesome props.

Edited by MushyMushy

Another great-looking, realistic lot from you! I have never looked into Neko's and mas71's props - is there something made by these two guys on this lot? The fences and planters along the sides and back? Those blue/green sheds behind the building?

lot looks sexy man ;)

Lol thanks David!

Another great-looking, realistic lot from you! I have never looked into Neko's and mas71's props - is there something made by these two guys on this lot? The fences and planters along the sides and back? Those blue/green sheds behind the building?

Indeed: the fences, planters along the right side and the colorful flowers/bushes are all Neko props (as well as all of the T21 props on the road). The blue & green sheds are actually B62 dumpsters I have uploaded in my essentials pack.

-----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     -----     

Below is the final version almost ready for upload. I added a little extra scenery to the lot: cars in the parking lot, more trash in the rear, shopping carts, animated people, and some more plants. Final modding has almost been competed so it should be up on the STEX shortly... 8)

6418117_orig.png

8151458_orig.png

8135870_orig.png

Edited by nos.17

jUST FYIA nd you probably realize this now, but your description for the Shopko Lot is basically a copypasta of the CVS one.

jUST FYIA nd you probably realize this now, but your description for the Shopko Lot is basically a copypasta of the CVS one.

313531.gif 
Crap. Thank you for that. I suppose that is what happens when you copy and paste from old files in a hurry.

Current WIP: 4 (or possibly more) lots with this cute little French house for the SC4D Lotting Contest. Thoughts???

WrWmp1E.jpg

Edited by nos.17

313531.gif 
Crap. Thank you for that. I suppose that is what happens when you copy and paste from old files in a hurry.

Current WIP: 4 (or possibly more) lots with this cute little French house for the SC4D Lotting Contest. Thoughts???

WrWmp1E.jpg

These look fantastic, good luck to ya.

QmXiT2m.png      fjEooKI.png

5773972.gif
What do yall think? I am not entirely convinced by the dirt driveway, but it is really the only CP texture that fits, short of creating my own. I think I like the street parking (second) one better but there is always that annoying texture glitch which appears with two or more overlay tiles. 

Any suggestions? Which one(s) do you like? Not like? I would appreciate some feedback here.

MushyMushy and raynev1 like this

I think the street parking one is my favorite as well, although that's because I'm more partial to urban styled stuff (where dirt driveways are pretty uncommon).

Unfortunately I do not have any new lotting updates to show yall. Even though I've been busy real IRL, I haven't been away from SC4; taking a break from B62 content, I have been updating dozens of lots for my personal plugins folder. By my accounts, there is roughly a dozen more B62 lots to be redone and uploaded, in addition to a few extras. 

However, the real reason I'm posting today is to thank everyone. 

Out of the blue I decided to check out the 2014 Trixie Awards, you know, just to see who won what. To be honest, I was elated to see my name next to "Best Lot Designer." :P

"A BAT is never quite finished without solid groundwork. Through careful selection of props and textures, nos.17 has shown great prowess, creating multiple eye-catching lots throughout 2014. His lots have brought many BATs to life."

Wow. I do totally agree with that first statement. A BAT is indeed not complete without nice aesthetic surroundings. All I have done (in my opinion) is put my own twist on some fantastic old buildings, and I am really glad the community liked them as much as I did.

If you are one of those who submitted those votes, I humbly thank you, but if you did not vote or comment and just quietly download and enjoy my content I thank yall equally as much. It really is amazing how many people share my love for custom SC4 content. The encouragement people give is awesome and the basin of inspiration to draw from is extensive and equally as amazing. I many be relatively young compared to some of you here at ST at the age of 20, but even I have been playing Simcity 4 off and on for probably 8 years, and to be honest, the community here is a huge part of the reason I've stayed as long as I did.

Thank you for you appreciation & dedication to my work. Even if I may not directly respond to your comment in this thread I promise you I value and carefully consider any and all feedback.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll be back before long with some more B62 content updates...

A trixie...

Spoiler

130e8o.gif

Oh, and if you haven''t already, head on over to the SC4D Lotting Contest and vote! It does not necessarily (at all) have to be for me (to be honest, there is one entry I would vote for over myself, lol), but just go out and get your voice heard!

T Wrecks likes this

Well, its been awhile, hasn't it? As part of a personal request, I whipped up these lots really quick as an override for the old Clayhurst university parking lots. However, with the recent expansion (which I had no idea about when making these, ironically), there are a few more edits I can make too. Basically I created some new textures based on the old ones from BSC textures to adapt SHK-sized cars (I reduced the parking blocks from five per tile to four).

So heres the question: Would yall want to see this on the STEX

The lots are found in the LM menu and have (imo) a very multi-purpose appeal.

VX0aG91.png

mrsmartman, tonyr, _Michael and 2 others like this

Yes Please 

Transit enabled entrance? Maybe a tile with parking capacity that can be placed just after the transit enabled entrance, allowing for the same parking capacity for varied sized modular parking lots.

13 hours ago, philforhockey51 said:

Yes Please 

Transit enabled entrance? Maybe a tile with parking capacity that can be placed just after the transit enabled entrance, allowing for the same parking capacity for varied sized modular parking lots.

Already included. :yes:  The exit you see at the top left is transit enabled for street. I do like your idea though, and will probably make a second copy of the TE entrance with parking stats and maybe transit switches too for pedestrians.

philforhockey51 likes this

On 12/26/2015 at 0:10 AM, nos.17 said:

So heres the question: Would yall want to see this on the STEX

:ohyes:

Nos. I had an account on here at one point (not sure if it was the same one I just registered) for nearly a decade now and I remember a lot of Bobbo's stuff.

I noticed you still have some stuff to remaster from Bobbo's lots including the Wal-Mart Supercenter, which is likely I am thinking is the old battle ship grey Wal-Mart style.

However, I have a special file I am not sure Bobbo shared with you since it was a Custom request. 

What I have is a Wal-Mart Supercenter that was designed based off the one that was built in Middleburg, Florida in 2006 (Store #3308) and he modeled it for me shortly after it opened. The reason in all of this is that it is unqiue as it had to use a red brick facade and couldn't be one straight looking wall down each side due to new codes that was in place where it was built at the time.

The size of it and things like dependecies I have forgotten since I haven't played the game in a very long time, but starting to get a keen interest in getting back into playing the game.

Anyways, if you would like the file, I can certainly send it your way.

Also I have a file for SaveRite which is the same building as the Winn Dixie, but with SaveRite branding as they were a sister brand to Winn Dixie. SaveRite has since been discontinued, but not sure if you have this file either.

I am happy to see Bobbo's legacy of his buildings live on and I think I can restore most of the buildings I had on an old computer between what you have and the fact almost all of what SimGoober had is still on the STEX

Thanks!

Urban Constanta likes this

14 hours ago, mhsbroncos2005 said:

What I have is a Wal-Mart Supercenter that was designed based off the one that was built in Middleburg, Florida in 2006 (Store #3308) and he modeled it for me shortly after it opened. The reason in all of this is that it is unqiue as it had to use a red brick facade and couldn't be one straight looking wall down each side due to new codes that was in place where it was built at the time.

I do indeed have a Walmart supercenter with a brick facade. Is this the one you had in mind?

14 hours ago, mhsbroncos2005 said:

Also I have a file for SaveRite which is the same building as the Winn Dixie, but with SaveRite branding as they were a sister brand to Winn Dixie. SaveRite has since been discontinued, but not sure if you have this file either.

I am happy to see Bobbo's legacy of his buildings live on and I think I can restore most of the buildings I had on an old computer between what you have and the fact almost all of what SimGoober had is still on the STEX

Thanks!

I do not, however, have the SaveRite file. If you could send that over to me I would be highly appreciative! :yes: 

I am really glad you enjoy my work. Bobbo has created soooo many great bats and it is a shame none of them have ever been uploaded before; I am glad I can do my part for the community.

------------------------------------------
Lotting Status Report:

• The University of Clayhurst parking lot remakes will be up on the STEX very soon....as soon as I get some time once the holiday guests leave.
  • Roughly a half dozen B62 lots remain; I will try to finish those asap, but I have been doing a lot of personal projects lately, so I'll bring those to a close first. A week maybe for updates? Probably less. I'll get on those...   6458530.gif
tonyr likes this

Lotting Status Report:

• I lied. 4446086.gifAfter talking with Andreas about the release of the lots, he basically did not give me permission to upload them in their current state, because the *.dats contain both my modified files AND his unmodified lots too.  7143700.gif   Sooo, I will have to split up the two files and make sure that my lots have the correct IID's to overwrite his. I have no idea how long that will take, but I hope not much.
  • Two completely new lots, as detailed below........

On 12/30/2015 at 3:41 PM, Urban Constanta said:

that walmart it's lovely 

I know, right? Presenting: the Walmart Supercenter:

This will NOT be a "super-mega lots' (or whatever I called them, lol) like Sears or Target. The parking lot is the size you see; I only need to add light poles, cart corrals, cars, and finish the rear of the building...there's a plethora of space back there due to the weird way Bobbo created the building...you'll see later.9QGzzg5.png

Also announcing the U-Stor Storage Units:
These lots are basically all finished, and, a rarety for me, use only 1 dependency! 614072.gif I know, right?

6207741_orig.png

5472249_orig.png

On 12/30/2015 at 0:51 PM, nos.17 said:

I do indeed have a Walmart supercenter with a brick facade. Is this the one you had in mind?

I do not, however, have the SaveRite file. If you could send that over to me I would be highly appreciative! :yes: 

I am really glad you enjoy my work. Bobbo has created soooo many great bats and it is a shame none of them have ever been uploaded before; I am glad I can do my part for the community.

Lotting Status Report:

• The University of Clayhurst parking lot remakes will be up on the STEX very soon....as soon as I get some time once the holiday guests leave.
  • Roughly a half dozen B62 lots remain; I will try to finish those asap, but I have been doing a lot of personal projects lately, so I'll bring those to a close first. A week maybe for updates? Probably less. I'll get on those...   6458530.gif

Actually, Bobbo had all these files up on the STEX many moons ago, and then something happened that caused the files to be pulled or whatever the case it maybe. I had a lot of stuff on another hard drive on a different laptop (which I still have, but haven't found a device yet to hook up the old hard drive to my current laptop). However, with uncovering the dust off of playing SC4 and its best that I start fresh and make sure I am only installing files I want and not just everything I saw (which I had a bad habit of doing so). 

I don't see the picture of the Walmart....it could be a bad file link, so reposting it would be cool if you can, then I could verify if that is the one.

Also installing SC4 right now as we speak on to my new laptop...what really resparked my interest in SC4 was having to take a unplanned road trip this week to deal with a death in the family and seeing how some things were laid out in different areas along the trip I had to make. Plus I need something when for chill time other than stuff on my PS2 (yes still use it lol) when I am not doing stuff for my full time business of running a sports website in Florida.

21 hours ago, mhsbroncos2005 said:

Actually, Bobbo had all these files up on the STEX many moons ago, and then something happened that caused the files to be pulled or whatever the case it maybe. I had a lot of stuff on another hard drive on a different laptop (which I still have, but haven't found a device yet to hook up the old hard drive to my current laptop). However, with uncovering the dust off of playing SC4 and its best that I start fresh and make sure I am only installing files I want and not just everything I saw (which I had a bad habit of doing so). 

I don't see the picture of the Walmart....it could be a bad file link, so reposting it would be cool if you can, then I could verify if that is the one.

Also installing SC4 right now as we speak on to my new laptop...what really resparked my interest in SC4 was having to take a unplanned road trip this week to deal with a death in the family and seeing how some things were laid out in different areas along the trip I had to make. Plus I need something when for chill time other than stuff on my PS2 (yes still use it lol) when I am not doing stuff for my full time business of running a sports website in Florida.

Yes, he did have them all up on the STEX ages ago, probably around 2005-6. The way I understand it, he removed them for parent cohort issues (which I ran into a while back), with the intention of putting them back up when fixed. However, health and personal issues got in the way and he never did.

You can not see the pics? Does this or6 null   this work? (both are from previous posts and hosted on different sites)

I'm glad you came back to SC4! Its always good to have new faces around here. :P

21 hours ago, DavidDHetzel said:

hey @nos.17 sort of unrelated, but have you been able to find bobbo's old Sheetzel BAT? I really liked that one, but I wasn't sure if that was one of the models you had.

The first post in this thread contains a list of all the B62 content I have. It is not on the list and I double checked my files too, so unfortunately, I do not have it. It sound like @mhsbroncos2005 has a lot of B62 stuff, so there is a chance he might have it once he can look through the files. 

Every time I think I have all of Bobbo's content, something new pops up. It's kinda cool. 

DavidDHetzel likes this

Hello nos.17,

I have a little problem with one of your creations again. This time it's the Sears Grand (No Diggis Pond version). Like the last time with the HyVee Gas Mart there is no building on a growable lot 2x2, but the query say it's the Sears Grand. I get this two times. One is build on a left corner, the other one on a right corner (see the attached pictures). It looks like it
there is a problem with a Maxis building again. Can you please take a look into it? Thanks a lot... If you need another screenshot, let me know.

Kind regards!

Sears Grand left.jpg

Sears Grand right.jpg

On 1/18/2016 at 1:53 PM, markussaage said:

I have a little problem with one of your creations again. This time it's the Sears Grand (No Diggis Pond version). Like the last time with the HyVee Gas Mart there is no building on a growable lot 2x2, but the query say it's the Sears Grand. I get this two times. One is build on a left corner, the other one on a right corner (see the attached pictures). It looks like it
there is a problem with a Maxis building again. Can you please take a look into it? Thanks a lot... If you need another screenshot, let me know.

Are you a betting man? I'll put $10 on the fact that it is the exact same problem as before. I will fix it as soon as I have some time. Thanks for reporting these. :)

On 1/23/2016 at 4:38 PM, DavidDHetzel said:

Hey Nos, We found another one!

V701 posted  Bobbo's Culvers, in the "where can I find it thread"

Yep I saw it. I meant to post there but forgot too... :zzz:

I have it in my folder to relot; I'll get to it eventually. Currently I am in the midst of Walmart and Lowes: that's 4 rather large lots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In case people are wondering, more progress pics will arrive in the next few days.

markussaage and DavidDHetzel like this

Just now, nos.17 said:

Are you a betting man? I'll put $10 on the fact that it is the exact same problem as before. I will fix it as soon as I have some time. Thanks for reporting these. :)

:D:D:D Actually I am... :D:D:D No problem, glad to help you out here...

Kind regards!