nos.17

nos.17 Lot Development

Apologize (again, it seems) for the lack of updates, but right now I've got one more about done. Final modding needs to be completed, so CVS may be STEX bound by this weekend?

CVS Pharmacy
5811032_orig.png

9380735_orig.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that after this, I only have a few b62 lots left I will upload (not including a large upload of "discarded" b62 buildings & lots). While they may not be up to my standards for SC4 buildings, others may like them; I would feel bad holding them back if others may want them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Officially, I will taking a break from lotting (kinda). My current project is very extensive: I am basically making own custom T21 mod for streets, roads, & avenues by combining Neko's Japanese Sidewalk Mod with others I love for NWM networks & avenues.

If that sounds confusing, that is because I am confused too. I've learned a lot about T21 mods and am basically mashing a whole bunch together so they are all compatible. I will definitely post progress pics if some of yall are interested. Until then, cheers...

3529831.gif

Looks great!

T21s sound interesting... I've always found it tough to get a cohesive one going since many of them only work for certain networks (and many have no support for the NWM, which I use a lot)... and it sounds like you could be solving that issue with this T21 mod. I'd certainly be interested in progress pics. :yes:

FYI the plop version has 0 jobs and gets abandoned pretty fast because of that. Is there gonna be a fixed version?

As in the plop version for CVS? I'll take a look at that the moment I have some free time (eg. later this week).

Sooooo.... I apologize for those of you waiting on things from me (@DavidDHetzel + @Urban Constanta), but unfortunately Sc4 is no longer working. Apparently that windows 'security' update slipped through the cracks. Until I get that uninstalled, I can't really text anything SC4-wise.
...And that is why (like the NAM) team, I don't like to give time frames for anything...something 
always  happens.    4477036.gif

I can promise yall this: I WILL get these things fixed and/or uploaded.

Edited by nos.17

Ouch,that sucks.Yeah,Windows is giving SC 4 Players a hard Time.Luckily i managed to make my Game work again with one of the Tips from the Knowledge Base,just check out the related Thread on the Mainpage.It seems tha i`m running fine with Tip 5,enabling the Drivers on demand...

FYI the plop version has 0 jobs and gets abandoned pretty fast because of that. Is there gonna be a fixed version?

CVS has been fixed! The plop version now contains the proper job count and will not instantly abandon. Get it here.

Edit: Highway signs will be on the way soon... 8)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does your CVS upload come in maxis night , and or dark night . Still great work though .

Exactly as T Wrecks said. The screenshots on the upload are in Darknite; with Maxisnite it will just appear a little brighter.

Edited by nos.17

Thanks for the reply guys , I have experienced that in the past with a couple of other buildings I've downloaded . 

Thanks again , your work is great . Keep cranking them out , it's what keeps SC4 alive . 

Sorry to keep bugging , but do I have to keep the "Thumbs.dp" file in my plugins ? I never noticed these files before .

Edited by raynev1

Forgot to ask a question

Thanks for the reply guys , I have experienced that in the past with a couple of other buildings I've downloaded . 

Thanks again , your work is great . Keep cranking them out , it's what keeps SC4 alive . 

Sorry to keep bugging , but do I have to keep the "Thumbs.dp" file in my plugins ? I never noticed these files before .

Thumbs.db is an image thumbnail cache, and you will most definitely not need it in your plugins. If you haven't already I recommend moving all the images/text files away from your plugin folder as well.

On topic: I finally got around to plopping some of the mega stores and I noticed that there seem to be some overlapping base textures on the Super Target.

RIMh5H9.jpg

Edited by kingofsimcity

On topic: I finally got around to plopping some of the mega stores and I noticed that there seem to be some overlapping base textures on the Super Target.

RIMh5H9.jpg

5620835.gif

I knew that would come back to haunt me at some point. It is a side effect of placing large numbers of textures with the PIM-X. I propbably placed the grass ones there as place holders, and then (accidentally) put the concrete over without deleting them first. PIM-X will only show the top texture.

Questions: Does it happen regularly or is it the first time? If it does happen regularly, would you recommend fixing and uploading a new version?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I cannot say anything about this particular building, but the underlying problem (no pun intended!) is not limited to PIM-X. It also occurs when you use the good old Maxis LE. In my experience, it does happen regularly - just not on every zoom level / camera angle.

On 29/09/2015 at 1:15 AM, nos.17 said:
    5620835.gif

I knew that would come back to haunt me at some point. It is a side effect of placing large numbers of textures with the PIM-X. I propbably placed the grass ones there as place holders, and then (accidentally) put the concrete over without deleting them first. PIM-X will only show the top texture.

You are not alone on this one, I've had issues occurring because sometimes the textures don't load, so you think nothing is there and you find out later there is a problem. For larger lots like this one, I imagine it could be a pain to go through it the LE since you'd have to remove textures you do want and replace them once more.

If however, you know the ID of the textures you want removed and are sure that no textures of this ID should remain on your lot, there is a quicker solution to fixing this:

36407537945_8f5488b0b1_o.jpg

Open the LotConfiguration in the reader. Look for the first LotConfigPropertyLotObject, further such entries all show "Unknown" but are the same (Mauve). The items in green - i.e. those with a 2 at the end, are either textures or overlays. (Incidentally 0 is the building, 1 is for props and 7 is used with TEing). The final ID in these lines is the instance ID of the textures (Blue) - note I've removed the fluff in between to re-size pic. So for example if I wanted shot of the textures with ID 0x258D1000 (Maxis Concrete texture). I could highlight those lines starting with 2 and ending in 0x258D1000, Right Click / "Delete Properties" and say goodbye to the problem. Don't forget to select "ReIndex LotConfig" from the Right Click menu when you are finished, before saving the file (IMPORTANT).

Even if one or two of a given texture should remain, often it's quicker to remove them all en-masse then just add the missing ones than mess with the existing lot. Obviously with your lots you'll have a lot of lines to sift through compared to the example, but hopefully this is of some use :).

CVS has been fixed! The plop version now contains the proper job count and will not instantly abandon. Get it here.

Edit: Highway signs will be on the way soon... 8)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does your CVS upload come in maxis night , and or dark night . Still great work though .

Exactly as T Wrecks said. The screenshots on the upload are in Darknite; with Maxisnite it will just appear a little brighter.

Did you see that in the new upload with the plop version there is a ._LooseDesc-file in it? Is that ok?

(edited)

Did you see that in the new upload with the plop version there is a ._LooseDesc-file in it? Is that ok?

Yep, that's ok. I am not really sure why/what that is, but you might want to keep in anyways.

@rsc204: Thanks for that new method! However, I don't see myself using that too much as it is sort of localized - if I need to know the ID of the texture, it might just be easier to go in and  just edit it in the pim LE. Plus, once this issue appears, i tend to get paranoid and proceed to check every texture on the lot. 
(Edit: That seems to be your 1000th post, even. So congrats, I guess 
:P )

Edited by nos.17

Yep, that's ok. I am not really sure why/what that is, but you might want to keep in anyways.

@rsc204: Thanks for that new method! However, I don't see myself using that too much as it is sort of localized - if I need to know the ID of the texture, it might just be easier to go in and  just edit it in the pim LE. Plus, once this issue appears, i tend to get paranoid and proceed to check every texture on the lot. 
(Edit: That seems to be your 1000th post, even. So congrats, I guess 
:P )

Well, I've found this about _looseDesc-files:

"LooseDesc" file is only there to cache the properties for a ploppable lot, which are merged with the SC4Lot file once it is created, so the "LooseDesc" should be deleted after creating the lot.

and

And at least should not be included in any download. You can keep the loosedesc as long as yuo intend to create more than one lot for the same plopable examplar. If however you delete the loosedesc, you can still use the examplar included in the lot to create another lot. To know if you have some loosedesc floating on your plugins folder, in PIMX go in the 'unknown/unused' category, there will be there.

So just to be sure the new CVS plop version works without a desc-file then?

Kind regards!

"LooseDesc" file is only there to cache the properties for a ploppable lot, which are merged with the SC4Lot file once it is created, so the "LooseDesc" should be deleted after creating the lot.

and And at least should not be included in any download. You can keep the loosedesc as long as yuo intend to create more than one lot for the same plopable examplar. If however you delete the loosedesc, you can still use the examplar included in the lot to create another lot. To know if you have some loosedesc floating on your plugins folder, in PIMX go in the 'unknown/unused' category, there will be there.

Yep that sounds about right. This may sound bad that a lot creator does not know exactly what he is including, but I will be the first to admit that, in the grand scheme of things, I know relatively little about SC4 modding. I had not remembered what the looseDesc did until what you mentioned rang a bell. Thanks for that....it sounds pretty similar to something I've read before.

So, in other words the CVS plop should work properly without the _looseDesc.

and And at least should not be included in any download. You can keep the loosedesc as long as yuo intend to create more than one lot for the same plopable examplar. If however you delete the loosedesc, you can still use the examplar included in the lot to create another lot. To know if you have some loosedesc floating on your plugins folder, in PIMX go in the 'unknown/unused' category, there will be there.

Yep that sounds about right. This may sound bad that a lot creator does not know exactly what he is including, but I will be the first to admit that, in the grand scheme of things, I know relatively little about SC4 modding. I had not remembered what the looseDesc did until what you mentioned rang a bell. Thanks for that....it sounds pretty similar to something I've read before.

So, in other words the CVS plop should work properly without the _looseDesc.

Thanks for looking into this and the information. I apprechiate it a lot.
BTW: I do have the optical glitch with the parking/grass texture at the growable Target Super Center, too. It only appears sometimes and not in the same zoom stage.

Kind regards!

Any news regarding the release of the highway signs :D? :cheers:

As we speak, Simcoug is shaping up some MMP's for them. Once he is finished, I will put some finishing touches on them and upload sets I, II, and III all together. 

BTW: I do have the optical glitch with the parking/grass texture at the growable Target Super Center, too. It only appears sometimes and not in the same zoom stage.

I have confirmed the texture issue on my end too and have already went ahead and fixed the issue; I'll plan on uploading a new version relatively soon.

Any news regarding the release of the highway signs :D? :cheers:

As we speak, Simcoug is shaping up some MMP's for them. Once he is finished, I will put some finishing touches on them and upload sets I, II, and III all together. 

I have confirmed the texture issue on my end too and have already went ahead and fixed the issue; I'll plan on uploading a new version relatively soon.

That sounds great... :)

V02 of the Super Target is uploaded. The only changes include texture fixes as detailed above. Get it here.

--------------------------------------------------------

While taking a short (long) break from B62 content, I have made some progress on my custom T21 mod, primarily using Neko's sidewalk mod, and combining about 5 others meant for various networks. So far, I've been focusing on streets and avenues. I have removed all of the parts I do not like from the streets (manholes that appeared way too freaking often, and the guardrails on the street edge). Same thing for roads. For the avenues, the tweaking is not quite done. I like the sides, but need to adjust the frequency for the center planters & trees from this mod. Honestly, the Maxis planters aren't all that bad, but just don't fit with the overall theme.

YiDd8Ol.jpg

That's it for now... I will check back in with further developments.

4201726.gif

1444445460.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Does anyone have the master list of Bobbo buildings? I know there were a few additional one's besides the ones listed.

Check the above download. There are some ones included that I did not realize were on my list.

But to answer your question, basically no. I got a about 60% of the files from Bobbo himself (he gave me everything he had), another 30-35% from @tariely, and the rest from individual members. As it stands, the most comprehensive list is the one included on the first post in this thread. Sorry.  9968986.gif

(edited)

Off the top of my head, there's three not on the list or the download

Ames

Shopko (I might have this one on a SDCard somewhere)        Found it!

Sheetz (You might have this)

I'll look into seeing what I got on my SDCards, maybe I can help out. I've been looking for as much retail as possible,

Edited by DavidDHetzel

(edited)

1444445460.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Does anyone have the master list of Bobbo buildings? I know there were a few additional one's besides the ones listed.

Check the above download. There are some ones included that I did not realize were on my list.

But to answer your question, basically no. I got a about 60% of the files from Bobbo himself (he gave me everything he had), another 30-35% from @tariely, and the rest from individual members. As it stands, the most comprehensive list is the one included on the first post in this thread. Sorry.  9968986.gif

You mean I didn't have ALL the stuff ????? Only 30-35% ??? aaargh. And I thought I had a lot of lots !!!:-)))

By the way, that road-streetside mod looks great !

Edited by tariely