• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
mipro

mipro
mipro

266 posts in this topic

Thank you!!!

Everybody go back to the previous page and give vortext some reputation! :)

mipro essentials will now be updated as planned. :)

This update includes:

• overlay textures for future use (feel free to use them as a dependency in the future)
  • generic landmark query for future mipro use
  • queries for the lighthouses
  • the corrupted One Detroit Center growable version query has been fixed
  • elements of the query have been separated into different .dats (a separate .dat for each custom query, prop, etc.) on my computer which will be merged into one .dat only before uploading, to help minimize query corruption in the future (I have no clue why it happens)

I'll post here when essentials is updated, which will probably happen when I upload my batch of BATs, planned for April 4th.

2 people like this

Great news Jason, I look forward to seeing those released in the near future.

Great work once again Nofunk, I have always loved the BSP and Mipro creations and I am glad to see it's still going strong after all these years.

I just started to rediscover SC4, and I simply want to say how great your project is; which is a lot coming from a Buckeye! But it is awesome that love is still given to the state, and to the region in turn. Keep it up (and maybe expand south)!

Good stuff! Very much looking forward to the next releases! Get back to work...lol

HELLLLOOOOOO (echo) (echo) (echo)... all is quite on the Mipro front...

1 person likes this

Looking forward to see some new stuff from you guys . Mipro Rocks !

The way I see it, what you guys are doing with the mipro project is much more than just creating beautiful buildings for a video game. In twenty years, some of the buildings that were modeled in the mipro project will be *sigh* demolished, and people will be able to get a good look at these buildings in other ways than just google maps. Mipro is helping to preserve Detroit's rich history. Well done!

4 people like this

On 1/4/2014 at 11:09 PM, nofunk said:

Hey guys, what ever happened to the Garfield Building?

PanzerMan1001: I'm glad you see mipro that way! I can't remember if Jason has, but I've definitely modeled quite a few Detroit buildings that have since been demolished, and I suspect there will be others in the future. I guess it's my way of memorializing some of Detroit's (and our nation's) best architecture before it's gone forever. Even the most mundane pre-WWII apartment building is often magnitudes better than what's being built today!

Also, the Garfield Building is still in the hopper. I worked on it a little bit last month, but it still needs some significant texturing work. My biggest challenge is that the windows are so large, I'll probably need to model the interior, but that can become a lot of work. Maybe this weekend I'll get focused and work on it some more!

7 people like this

Sweet! I didn't know BSP was still active and kind of believed it to be lost like so many other projects stalled out due to lack of time/interest or technical difficulties. Somewhere in my old computer I have a list of all the buildings BSP planned back in 2006, including the Hudson's building, which I think a guy named Wolverine was working on. Quite the impressive building when it was extant and one of the biggest lost jewels in RL, and SC4 to a lesser extent.

Look at you single-handedly reviving mipro! This is so beautiful and it's been a long time coming! Can't wait to see it in my city!

2 people like this

I dreamed that someone would make this building!!! :O

1 person likes this

That building is looking awesome . :thumb:

1 person likes this

Glorious! My favorite building from Detroit!

1 person likes this

Yesterday I was plopping some buildings in my city from Detroit and thought I wish I could have the Guardian Building and here it is.

The building is wonderful and your attention to detail is incredible. 

First the Ritz Carlton from Kellydale and now the Guardian from you, it looks like Christmas came early this year.

1 person likes this

:noway:

You're missing several walls, and you've shown better texturing jobs in the past, too. Sloppy job!

Spoiler

Just to make sure that I don't fall victim to a misadjusted irony detector: Yes, I am kidding. I am as hyped about this building as the others.

7 people like this

Hmm. Looks like a good promise. Is this w2w? Nevertheless, it seems nice. :D 

1 person likes this

Something splendid is on way. :)

When was this building built? I am not very good at recognising American styles.

I haven't researched yet, but it's Art Deco, and Detroit had its heydays some time in the 1920s/1930s - I'd guess it's from the 1930s. Now I'm going to check and see how far I'm off.

Rats. It's 1929. Oh well, close enough.