• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
mipro

mipro
mipro

266 posts in this topic

Congrats guys on the rebirth of one of the most popular and glorious BAT Teams in our community!

50 BATs!!! Well that's a long list of recreations, recreations we all know and love.

As sad as it may seem  to us to see the good old name go, may the new one continue in the beloved old path that you created for the old one! Cheers to the new name and new adventures!

1 person likes this

Congrats as well, I'm happy to know one of the two great batters are willing to reboot and willing to stay around for all these years, Jasoncw and Nofunk are true Sim City 4 Legends. :D

1 person likes this

This is excellent !! I really enjoy with all the buildings created by you guys and is a pleasure to continue to enjoy your talent. Thanks a lot !!

Congrats on this reboot guys! Its great to know we have still time to see some more Motor City masterpieces!

One little question, will you rename all the existing BSP-labeled files on the STEX to mipro, or the new labeling will start with your next release?

Nice!

personally , I preferred the name BSP, but eh, you can't choose what you want. :)

Congrats guys, and I'm glad to see more others BAT from Detroit ;) . Penobscot and One Detroit Center are amazing and spectaculars ! Keep up this excellent work !!!!

Thanks everyone. 

I made a modding mistake that resulted in the Penobscot Building only having about half as many jobs as it should.

So I've updated the Penobscot Building to have more jobs, and the number have jobs has pushed the lot to higher than stage 8, so I've included a CAMeLot for the people who use the CAM.

If you don't care about either of those things then you don't need to bother redownloading.  :)

I'll also be uploading a small apartment building later today.  :)

Congrats on this reboot guys! Its great to know we have still time to see some more Motor City masterpieces!

One little question, will you rename all the existing BSP-labeled files on the STEX to mipro, or the new labeling will start with your next release?

We have the general intention of retagging the old uploads, and also of doing updated versions of some of the old BATs.

7 people like this

YES!  The BSP releases are some of my absolute favorite BATs to include in my city.  Love it all, from the big to the small!

I'd like to help out with this. I'm not sure how, since I don't BAT, MOD, or use the lot editor, which makes me about as useful as cinder block underpants, but as a lifelong resident of America's high five, I think this is just awesome.

Awesome news... To be honest, I must say that the work made in the past, and the things that have yet to come... wow top quality!! Congrats!

thank you for keeping this alive    you have created a lot of high quality custom content for this game and it's always a treat when 

you upload.     great idea also to update some of the older stuff even though I am very happy with them as they are.

Ha, that's a typical Nofunk building! :golly: It should be a useful size in game, too.

Enjoy the holidays with your family and see you soon! :)

2 people like this

Ha, that's a typical Nofunk building! :golly: It should be a useful size in game, too.

Enjoy the holidays with your family and see you soon! :)

Typical, huh? Sounds like I need to mix things up again to keep you on your toes!  :P

3 people like this

Yes the Garfield building!

ah yes now we're one step closer to completing Midtown! Besides from Wayne state the only thing that's missing is:

JAMES MARTIN CHEVROLET DEALER, AT WOODWARD AND THE BOULEVARD (WOODWARD AND THE BOULEVARD! )

[only metro detroiters will understand this :rofl: ]

Congratulations on your new project Jason and nofunk! Both of you set a gold standard for BAT quality. I'm looking forward to the new project and will be following closely :)

One question: will this be exclusively Michigan or will there be Brew City bats as well? I lived there back in '07-'08 and it quickly became (and remains) my favorite city in the world ;)

DRT2HAR.jpg

New BAT! :)

It will be a 1x2.

8 people like this

Welcome back :D

Great to see more coming from you.

The new BAT looks nice :D 

Here's an update:

7DxwevM.jpg

The building in real life has a decorative brick pattern on its side walls which I've had to make by editing together photos and fixing them up in photoshop. Unfortunately there weren't any good straight-on photos of the side.

9 people like this

Glad to see you two back at it, any chance we might see a release of 1001 Woodward? I seem to remember it was almost complete.

Yeah I'll probably get to 1001 Woodward in the spring. The BAT itself is 95% done, just need to light up some floors for the nitelites. But I need to make a black paver texture for the lot editor. I looked through the existing dependencies and only found one, which wasn't really what I was looking for. So I'll be making that, which I'll add to mipro essentials so that if anyone else needs black pavers they can use them.

The other problem with 1001 is that while the Woodward side fits in SimCity great, the other sides don't. In real life it's on a triangular site, which for SimCity means that one side will have a gigantic plaza which I have to figure out what to do with. And the presence of that plaza makes it seem like the plaza side should be the front. And the other problem is that the building is currently scaled to real life dimensions and the back doesn't really fit into the simcity grid very well. iirc it lands about half a tile from the edge of the lot. So I have to figure out if I should scale it to fit a lot better.

Here's the "back" in real life: http://goo.gl/maps/sjPqj

Here's the "front" in real life: http://goo.gl/maps/ehWSL

And here's Anchor Bar (my new BAT) in real life: http://goo.gl/maps/0E8Pj