Sign in to follow this  
Carter938

Sims think they have no Jobs?

I have a few areas in my citiy that are residential. They are literally RIGHT NEXT to commercial zones and yet wont go to work there, yet the commercial zones are growing rapidly. So when I zone more commercial it grows right next to the sims who think they have no jobs, but they STILL wont go to work. What do I do? They are usually in larger highrise buildings, and those are the ones that look the worst when they are abandoned.

Also, if anybody knows, the utilities advisor wont shut up about building a water pump away from the water polution zones. I have done so multiple times but still they whine.

The jobs that you have pl​aced may not be the correct wealth level for the Sims. If you have low wealth Sims, they will not work in a high wealth office building. Try zoning some industry and see if they still need jobs.

--Themaroonday

The jobs that you have pl​aced may not be the correct wealth level for the Sims. If you have low wealth Sims, they will not work in a high wealth office building. Try zoning some industry and see if they still need jobs.

--Themaroonday

Okay. how do i see where the high wealth and low wealth sims are living?

Use the query operator (/).  If you want the gory details and have the Extra Cheats dll (developer's debug commands), activate the query operator then hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT and move the query operator over the building in question.

New Sims are almost always R$ unless the move into a mansion.

I have a few areas in my citiy that are residential. They are literally RIGHT NEXT to commercial zones and yet wont go to work there, yet the commercial zones are growing rapidly. So when I zone more commercial it grows right next to the sims who think they have no jobs, but they STILL wont go to work. What do I do? They are usually in larger highrise buildings, and those are the ones that look the worst when they are abandoned.

This is the classic symptom of not having the NAM traffic simulator installed.  Do you have the NAM?

Also, if anybody knows, the utilities advisor wont shut up about building a water pump away from the water polution zones. I have done so multiple times but still they whine.

Do you have sufficient water treatment plants?  Water pollution should be zero or close to it.

--Themaroonday

This is actually false.  Twenty-five percent of CO$$$ jobs are R$ jobs.  Almost all employment types hire a mix of at least two of the sims wealths, with R$$$ being the hardest to get employment (those CO$$$ high rises may employ 25% R$, but only 15% R$$$).  There is also a bug in the game which prevents R$$$ sims from working in I-HT (which should provide 10% of its jobs to R$$$ sims).

Show us a picture and we will solve your problem. Until then it's just wild guesswork and game mechanics. (For the record, I'm guessing the Sims can't get to work AND get home.)

Show us a picture and we will solve your problem. Until then it's just wild guesswork and game mechanics.

But even before that, is the NAM installed?  That wouldn't be obvious from the picture, and the lack of the NAM traffic simulator could easily be responsible for your problems.