Sign in to follow this  
Mr Saturn64

... YOU AUTOCORRECT!

21 posts in this topic

So. Autocorrect makes the funniest mistakes. Share them here. Keep it appropriate.

I was walking home and my mom said "see you in a bit" but it almost became "see you in a butt"

When I was in Toronto I wanted to let someone know I was on Spadina Avenue. Autocorrect made it Vagina Avenue. :rofl:

Know that feeling. I was on a train to Werribee a while back, autocorrect said "terrible" (a rather apt name for the suburb).

In fact, this has become somewhat a joke amongst us, with many referring to the low-income suburb of Boronia as Bosnia, due to the war comparisons.

Boronia=Boron

Werribee=Beriberi

Gensokyo=Sensory

I have no comment

Autocorrect was put in because people are like "your stupd u shud go dy in a helwhole" which becomes "your stud u shed go yd in a wholewheat", yeah, apparently chatspeak is that bad.

PC spell checkers are often just as bad.  One of the problems with these little co-apps is that they don't work with the context.  Of course, text-speak is corrupt at best.

Well, it surprises me that nobody has cited yet what it happens when you're trying to write in one language with another language diccionary activated. Due to my personal things, I communicate in four different languages with my Whatsapp contacts and surrealistic phrases like:

"Pendant Que no les curiae Nadal x ese Orville tutors

What I intended to say:

Pensaba que no les dirías nada x ese orgullo tuyo.

Translation: I thought you would tell them nothing given your very own pride.

may arise when trying to write in Spanish with the English autocorrector on.

Well, I am not completely fluent in French, but I can get along in writing.  A little Italian and less German.  I haven't gotten to the point where I can actually switch my thinking into any language but English, but in Canada French is kind of a forced putt.  I am more, perhaps, Langue d'Oc rather than Langue d'Oui, and I really abhor Joual.  My grandfather hated Joual.

My Ukrainian grandfather could speak several languages, and Ukrainian was his first. But he speaks English perfectly these days having emigrated in 1966 to Australia.

I haven't tried it but it would be interesting what places I have lived in would become.

Then again I never used 'txt spk' that much except in texts without autocorrect. The only reason I use texts is they are cheaper, but I don't know anyone so I rarely use it anyway. 

It's kinda fun to just type in random letters to see what it comes up with. One of my friends did this and it came up with torpedoes (I forgot what the letters were) :rofl:  

SoCal=social

I was messaging someone earlier today and the topic turned to Los Angeles. Because I was describing Southern California, I had shortened it to SoCal. But my autocorrect kicked in and changed it so social. The next few minutes were awkward trying to explain what I meant to say.

For the longest time my friend texted me, saying he "was god", or "was doing god", which I found rather provocative. It turns out he was just "doing good". Case in point why you should just use proper grammar and say you're "doing well". :P

My Ukrainian grandfather could speak several languages, and Ukrainian was his first. But he speaks English perfectly these days having emigrated in 1966 to Australia.

I haven't tried it but it would be interesting what places I have lived in would become.

Then again I never used 'txt spk' that much except in texts without autocorrect. The only reason I use texts is they are cheaper, but I don't know anyone so I rarely use it anyway. 

I too have a strong Ukranian background. :D Reminds me of a story when my uncle was trying to "fit in" with the other relatives at the dinner table, asking for some курка (chicken, which sounds like "kourka") but instead asked for some vagina, (which sounds like "kourva"). Needless to say, them women at the table were especially concerned.

I never had problems with autocorrect. The Windows Phone autocorrect is quite good. It corrects most spelling mistakes and is not too intrusive. You can change the language of your keyboard with one simple tap. I do have the impression that it works better in Dutch than in English, though.

When the word is in bold, it means the word will be changed. If it's not in bold, it's a suggestion you can tap.

wp_ss_20131111_0005.png?psid=1