Sign in to follow this  
drlove

Radiactive land

I had a nuclear melt down, and now I have a big radioactive spot.  How long will it last?  Is there anyway to clean it up? I want to save this city, big money maker with little population.

30+ years I believe.  I had one city that got pummeled by radioactive asteroids 8 times in an hour(real time), that was a pain!  I'd recommend sticking your services over the spot until it vanishes, they don't seem to mind that. 

Place as many trees as you can, it'll help get rid of the pollution.

Trees and pollution are one thing.. radiation is another...

I will help get rid of it still, its not useless to put tress in the radiation area.

Apperently radiation has a half-life time of about 20-30ish years. So about every 30 years, your radiation level get's cut in half until it's too small and it disappears (about 90 years?).

Needless to say, you'd better plan around it for a LOOOOONG time or just abandon the city alltogether. Radiation makes R/C unhappy so you can plop your other buildings (like recycling centers) on top of it to get some use out of the space. Sims will still get more sick there though, so workers going there need more medical care.

I've got a city I'm playing right now where a meteor fell right on a landmark and left a radiation spot. It's right in the middle of my downtown and it has been 15 years with no sign of dissipating. So annoying.

I had a nuclear melt down, and now I have a big radioactive spot.  How long will it last?  Is there anyway to clean it up? I want to save this city, big money maker with little population.

First off, you shouldn't have built your reactor on the tsunami-prone shoreline without any cooling towers.  Oh, wait - this is Simcity, not Japan.  :kitty: