Sign in to follow this  
simcity1999

What do you type when you're asked to type the mayor's name?

Mayor Name  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What do you type when you're asked to type the mayor's name?

• Your real name
    • Your fake name (eg. username)
    • Stick to the default "Defacto"
    • Other (eg. myself, anonymous, etc)

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

Since, after the first one, they replicate, I typed "nonny" as in hey-nonny-nonny.

Every once in a while I am feeling a little whimsical and will name a mayor for a city that matches the city name, like Pericles for Athens.

Don't think I've ever used the same name twice in my years of playing SCs. 

ATM, using my Surname. Since the region is only a district large, there essentially would be only one mayor for the whole region. 

The next region will be rather large with several districts/counties, and will have a different mayor name for each.

I always use "Ask Me".

I'm not exactly sure when I started using that name, but it started a long time before SC4 was developed (I have memories of putting it into arcade machines).

I used to use random names for mayors, but in both Schellingen-Stadt, I set the mayor name to ".", simply because I don't care. For Imaginia, I had the idea to set the mayor name to the municipality name (which can encompass multiple tiles), but that never really got off the ground...

To be honest, I've never given the mayor's name much thought. To start with I used my first name, and this has remained except for the odd change here and there. As pointless as it sounds, I sometimes chose one that read funny in the news / advisor messages!

Don't think I've ever used the same name twice in my years of playing SCs. 

ATM, using my Sir name. Since the region is only a district large, there essentially would be only one mayor for the whole region. 

The next region will be rather large with several districts/counties, and will have a different mayor name for each.

You've been knighted?  Congratulations!

Anymore I just use a "." for both the name of the city and the mayor name.  If I show a picture of my region it is not an in game picture of my region, it is a picture of the region taken with the region census application.  I will not be showing the names of the cities.  I can call them whatever I want to call them, most of the time I will have multiple city tiles all making one city so it makes no sense to me to actually name all three cities as the same name, I will name the entire area as one name.  Once upon a time I tried to name land features with city names, of course this did not pan out very well, and this is when I ultimately decided that the city names and mayor names meant nothing to me.  So to make it as unobtrusive as possible I just use a period as both names.  If there was an invisible character I would be using that instead but there isn't so a period will have to do.

Ah yes, the non-breaking space.  I consider naming a city to be part of the process of opening one.  I use names from reality, fiction and sometimes just keyboard gobble-de-gook.

I have always used a different mayor name for each city I have ever played.  Some examples of mayor names I have used: Zechariah Shema, Pete Tzau, Erica Stafford, Adam Lamech....  The list goes on and on.

I used to use random names for mayors, but in both Schellingen-Stadt, I set the mayor name to ".", simply because I don't care. For Imaginia, I had the idea to set the mayor name to the municipality name (which can encompass multiple tiles), but that never really got off the ground...

Municipality/counties? That's a good one, but my boundaries are seldom square with the city tiles.

At the moment, I just use Kris. Maybe I should use something like Kim Jong UN?

I always try to find some nice names for my mayors, something like Mr. Smith for my city named Garden City and Mrs. Elliott for a city named Golden Bay. Each city has its own mayor and that means that each mayor should have his/her own name.

I make an exceptions for metropolises. All boroughs will then have the same mayor (the same for New York City where Mr. Bloomberg is the mayor of all of the city).

It's not realistic when all cities share the same mayor.

I always make up names. The names of my mayors should represent the society I build, so that means: a large representation of women, and people from different cultural backgrounds.