Sign in to follow this  
Terring

Futuristic expansion for Simcity

9 posts in this topic

Well, it appears EA took another gamble on SimCity. This time with announcing, slowly and silently, the first expansion pack for SimCity. According to a leaked SimCity newsletter, it states:

"Build your own cities of the future with the first SimCity expansion pack. Transform your cities into a utopian world powered by clean technology or a corporate metropolis feeding your Sims' insatiable consumerism. Build to the sky with the all new, mult-zone MegaTowers, three times the height of the tallest SimCity skyscraper."

The expansion titled "Cities of Tomorrow" will hit store selves on November 12, 2013 - Or somewhere around that time frame. Will the expansion pack fix all the errors the base game currently has or will it just add to the problem? Is the expansion pack ready for release in November 2013 or will EA continue their tradition of releasing incomplete games? In November, we will see.

The horror! A private corporation trying to earn more money and increase its profits. Capitalism in action, ridiculous! 

Seriously, if the expansion adds enough and doesnt break anything, I would definitely consider buying it. I would love to build a futuristic styled city. 

I really want to play this game, even once and only for curiosity. But on the other hand, what's the point? To depend on the E.A. servers, just in order to build a microscopic miniature of a tiny village?

Hmm... In the game you can sign a contract with a magnamonious corporation that abuses its customers. Why does this sound familiar?

Oh, so EA put themselves in their own game? Great, makes me want SC2013 even less now.