Sign in to follow this  
will62russ

NAM 31.2 Setup - Where's "SimCity 4.exe" file?

First I want to apologize if this topic has already been discussed and answered. 

I'm trying to run the Network Addon Mod 31.2 Setup.   However, in the process of the installation, I keep getting the following error message: The file "SimCity 4.exe" cannot be found in the installation directory.  Any ideas how I can get this rectified.  I'm currently using the Sim City Deluxe Edition disc version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The installer is looking for "SimCity 4.exe" in the location "SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe".  Are you sure it's there?

Thanks for the response Chief.  For some reason I'm not finding that file under my: L:\SimCity 4 New\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps folder.  Any suggestions where else I might find tht file or how I can get it back (I assume I must of had that file one time or another).  Thanks. 

Hi Indiana Joe.  I'm not sure what you mean by "target".  However, when I do right click on the SimCity 4 icon and enter Properties, under the "General" tab I see the title "SimCity 4" (that also shows as the description).  Funny thing is when I go to the adjacent "Version" tab and look up the original file name I see the title "SimCity 4.exe". 

As another option, you can always search for the file, using the Search function in the Windows Start menu.  Just be sure that you're searching in the correct hard drive (or select them all).

- Jess

If you right click the icon and open the properties tab you should see the target box.  It contains the complete pathname of the .exe.  This tells you exactly where it is.  Please copy and paste that in your next post.

Got the same problem,  ithink my AVG deleted, in the properties  "C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe", however the exe is gone. Do i have to reinstall it?

Got the same problem,  ithink my AVG deleted, in the properties  "C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe", however the exe is gone. Do i have to reinstall it?

Try going into AVG first and recovering the file, if it hasn't permanently deleted it.  Otherwise you'll have to re-install the game.

If you can't recover it from AVGs quarantine, then reinstalling is not a big deal.  The game will install and preserve your user space.  However, if you have made any changes to the Program Files area, for example, the I-HT fix and/or CAM, you should preserve the changed files, and put them back after the install which will wipe them out.