Sign in to follow this  
deanva

Plugins help

I downloaded Simcity4 onto my laptop and transfered the plugins on my desktop which is about  to go belly up. Ran the game and a small window opened saying some plugins were needed to have the game work properly. It showed plugin and just a number not sure how many number tho. How do I find out which plugins I need to find and reinstall?

When you moved your plugins you probably missed the Transportation mod from Maxis.  Their stuff installs (foolishly) in the system residency.  Look in C:/Program Files (x86)/Maxis/SimCity 4 Deluxe/Plugins.

When I install stuff created by Maxis, I always move it out of there to my regular plugins folder.  If the number is 0x000007 it is the control tower for the Air Force Base.

I downloaded Simcity4 onto my laptop and transfered the plugins on my desktop which is about  to go belly up. Ran the game and a small window opened saying some plugins were needed to have the game work properly. It showed plugin and just a number not sure how many number tho. How do I find out which plugins I need to find and reinstall?

The number claims to be the Plugin Pack ID, but it's not.  Some people claim that it's a timestamp of one sort or another, but these numbers vary far too much to be timestamps.  Best evidence is that this feature was not implemented properly, and those numbers are completely random.

Other than what Moose said, you just have to try to find plugins that you may have deleted and put them back in your Plugins folder.

I had 13 plugins that was not showing up in the game now down to just 4 I need to locate and reload. I have a custom made airport that are missing the jetways and planes like Delta, United, Us Airways, etc not sure what plug-in folderI am still missing to re install. Trying to locate them on the STEXand the LEX at SCDevotion no luck yet anyone have suggestions?