Sign in to follow this  
X-Static

Issues With Trading Resources

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have my main city(we'll call it city A) that has about 130k sims.  This city has barely any natural resources.  I claimed another city in the region(we'll call it city B) that has lots of coal, ore, etc.  In city A, I have run out of room for my water pumps since they keep drying up and I hate to have to demolish residential areas.  I decided to build a couple of large water pumps in city B so that city A could buy the water and demolish their existing pumps.  City B has an excess of about 400KG's of water.  I go to city A and go to region view, then water and buy water from city B, but it says city B has only about 20KG's available.

This also happens with power.  Any ideas as to what's causing this?

I have my main city(we'll call it city A) that has about 130k sims.  This city has barely any natural resources.  I claimed another city in the region(we'll call it city B) that has lots of coal, ore, etc.  In city A, I have run out of room for my water pumps since they keep drying up and I hate to have to demolish residential areas.  I decided to build a couple of large water pumps in city B so that city A could buy the water and demolish their existing pumps.  City B has an excess of about 400KG's of water.  I go to city A and go to region view, then water and buy water from city B, but it says city B has only about 20KG's available.

This also happens with power.  Any ideas as to what's causing this?

Depends on the number of cities city A is connected to. There will be only a percentage of power, water and/or sewage available to other cities. Not sure what the percentage is, but it is small. Zoe purls is correct on water next to sewage plant.

Suppose you have 100kw of power produced, and your map only uses 20kw. If you have four other maps in the region, each map will only be able to export 20kw.

The excess power from your map is divided equally amongst the other maps.