Sign in to follow this  
MarcusOrilius

I Have the Power!

9 posts in this topic

I have one map (I refuse to call them cities as they are too small) in a region that is a power, sewer, water, garbage, etc. area for all my other maps. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to sell the excess power to multiple maps!?!  :lost:

I can sell to ONE other map with no problem, just not more than one... Can you only sell to one map at a time, or am I doing something wrong?

Any ideas?

You have to have road connection between the cities.

Yep, this.  You'll notice on the region maps it shows what is connected by road, rail and water.  Not more than five cities can be connected by these (you'll see only five boxes in the "connected to" menu when click "region" from your city)

You'll see the 16-city maps are connected into four groups of four maps.

I thin kthe solar farm is the buggiest of all the GW projects, but in any case, yes, you're correct. For instance, the Space Center only provides resources to the four cities its connected to, and the Arco as well.

Does this hold true for Great Works as well? Meaning power for the Solar Farm will only supply the four cities its near in a 16 city region?

Yes, power only travels on roads.

Cities must be connected by road to trade resources. That's why the 16-city regions aren't the best if you want a very interconnected region; there are regions with 5 and 7 cities that are all connected.