Sign in to follow this  
AuthorityRefined

Unlimited Commercial Office

Hi, I'm attempting to create an ordinance I can switch on and off to create unlimited high wealth commercial offices demand in order to observe the effect on the rest of the economy in a region. Any ideas on what I should edit in ILives Reader?

Of course.  What you want to do will be a real challenge because the game is not programmed to support this.  The game wants balance throughout, although it does urbanize more and more as your population increases.  Eventually, if you have any agriculture, you can absorb it into your cities by zoning on top of it.  What you want to do is one of those efforts that amounts to pushing a boulder up hill forever.

there is a plugin that I have downloaded that gives me the highest demand for residental, commerical, and industrial so I can build all I want and the demand never goes down. Plus I have what's called the money tree so i plant it one time in the beginning of any city, fast foward one year and I'll have millions of dollars automically so that way I can make the taxes on everything 0.00 and have all the ordianances I want to make the city for desirarable for residental and growth.

I'm a cheater :)  lol 

If you want me to get the link to that plugin, let me know and I'll look it up for you...

there is a plugin that I have downloaded that gives me the highest demand for residental, commerical, and industrial so I can build all I want and the demand never goes down. Plus I have what's called the money tree so i plant it one time in the beginning of any city, fast foward one year and I'll have millions of dollars automically so that way I can make the taxes on everything 0.00 and have all the ordianances I want to make the city for desirarable for residental and growth.

I'm a cheater :)  lol 

If you want me to get the link to that plugin, let me know and I'll look it up for you...

That's not cheating, that's making sure you dictate what kind of city you want and not letting the game dictate.  I have that same mod plus a few others that allow me to build the city I want.

How many times have several of us said there is no such thing as cheating in this game because you have no opponent to cheat.  No one should ever have feelings of inadequacy nor guilt because you use knowledge you have gained.  The game is an open canvas on which to build municipal models, and there are no holds barred.

How many times have several of us said there is no such thing as cheating in this game because you have no opponent to cheat.  No one should ever have feelings of inadequacy nor guilt because you use knowledge you have gained.  The game is an open canvas on which to build municipal models, and there are no holds barred.

I don't have any guilt at all, but there are these so-called purists out there who think it is cheating and their opinions about that don't matter to me.  That's their issue and maybe someday they'll move past that nonsense.

I don't have any guilt at all, but there are these so-called purists out there who think it is cheating and their opinions about that don't matter to me.  That's their issue and maybe someday they'll move past that nonsense.

So mote it be.  Only harming their own psyches.