Sign in to follow this  
jakis

Simcity 4 DE quits all time

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

From the report, it says your game is version 1.1.610.0. There are two official patches that can be installed:

First download the EP1 update found here, extract the installer to your desktop and run. Once done, your SimCity 4.exe file should read version 1.1.638.0 when hovered over (located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps"). There's also the optional BAT nightlights update, which allows night lighting to work with custom BATs. After installing, this should take your game to the fully patched version 1.1.640.0.

Once you've done and checked this, I suggest running the game without plugins. First rename your current Documents plugins folder (to anything). The game will create a new empty one when you next run it. If no further crashes occur, you most likely have a plugins conflict, or similar issue. Then try to narrow the problematic file(s) using It basically involves dividing and testing your plugins in halves.

If there's still crashes without plugins, could you state what commands you've enabled in the launcher?

Ha!  Beat me to it.  It is also worth mentioning that there are several command line options that should be used after you are fully updated to control the exuberance of the operating systems.  This is a legacy game released in 2003, long before the fancy hardware we have today was more than on the drawing boards.  Here is a link to the discussion of the options.  You may have to register (free) at SC4Devotion to view this.

In particular, you will want the -CPUcount:1 option, and maybe the CustomResolution options if you have a 16:9 monitor.

As an example, here is my command line (target)

"C:/Program Files (x86)/Maxis/SimCity 4 Deluxe/Apps/SimCity 4.exe"  -intro:off -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 -d:directx  -f -CPUcount:1

Note that I am on Linux.  For Windows the only difference is to use backslash (\) as a name separator in the pathname.

It is also smart to do an internal save (CTRL+s) every time you feel the need for a checkpoint.  Might save you a lot of backtracking.  I ran for over five hours today without any hiccups.

Hi,

From the report, it says your game is version 1.1.610.0. There are two official patches that can be installed:

First download the EP1 update found here, extract the installer to your desktop and run. Once done, your SimCity 4.exe file should read version 1.1.638.0 when hovered over (located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps"). There's also the optional BAT nightlights update, which allows night lighting to work with custom BATs. After installing, this should take your game to the fully patched version 1.1.640.0.

Once you've done and checked this, I suggest running the game without plugins. First rename your current Documents plugins folder (to anything). The game will create a new empty one when you next run it. If no further crashes occur, you most likely have a plugins conflict, or similar issue. Then try to narrow the problematic file(s) using It basically involves dividing and testing your plugins in halves.

If there's still crashes without plugins, could you state what commands you've enabled in the launcher?

Hmmm, After this i have only a 1.1.610.0 version...

Have you installed them in that order? For the EP1 update, remember to select the correct SKU version for your game's region.

Also note, having any no-CD patches applied will cause the updates to fail. You must have the original, unmodified application file.

Have you installed them in that order? For the EP1 update, remember to select the correct SKU version for your game's region.

Also note, having any no-CD patches applied will cause the updates to fail. You must have the original, unmodified application file.

Hmmm.... I think it's by my launcher, can't it? If not, hmmm... I don't know why.... But, I'm gonna reinstall game and retry it