Sign in to follow this  
AlpineTiburon04

High Tech Industry without Uni?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

I feel like I've done it before, but I'm having trouble in the city I'm currently working on. I don't have a university, but plenty of community colleges and a high school. Education is maxed to four, all of my industrial buildings are medium tech, but I only have one gear in the education menu. Is it possible to get all high tech industry without a university? Maybe ground pollution is the problem? I'm on seven game years so pollution is pretty bad under my industrial sector..

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

The community college only gets you to tech level 2. If you want 3 you will need to get a university in the city.

The good news is that once you do you can get rid of the colleges to free up cash.

For some reason the universities don't do a good job of spreading tech beyond the city that they're built in. If you want high-tech without a uni, you can put the Vu Tower in your city or build the space center, which maxes out the tech for the entire region, eliminating the need for local colleges or secondary universities.

Do u still need high schools/grade schools tho with a Uni? I had a uni in my city with a grade school and when I closed the grade school in an attempt at increasing students at the uni, around 300 students went to another high school in another town!! Thought it would have been the other way around!!

AlpineTiburon04    3
  • Original Poster
  • I already have a space center. Turns out the great works don't help the entire region, only the cities that are connected to it via highway, which I think is pretty ridiculous. So four of my cities are maxed out, and the four on the other side of the region (with the arcology) are struggling. And I don't want a university in every city, kind of takes away from the regional form in my opinion.

Oh well. Maybe one day students will commute out of the city to go to the university like they're supposed to

Having educated sims has many other benefits. So getting rid of your colleges isn't a good idea. Lower crime, lower injury rate, higher rate of recycling are just a few of the benefits to having high educated sims.