Sign in to follow this  
KevinPaul06

Parking Lot not working?

I've downloaded some functional parking lot from STEX. I put some on my city but it seems like no one using the parking lot. The usage is still 0. 

Parking lots work best when placed next to train/El Rail/Monorail stations - they allow cars to 'park' and transfer to the mass transit system.  If you could provide a picture of your situation, somebody may be able to help you with your setup.  

Parking lots work best if you're using the NAM.  Also, the various "modular" parking lots available don't work properly because the game mechanics don't allow Sims to travel from one transit lot directly to another.

Parking lots work best if you're using the NAM.  Also, the various "modular" parking lots available don't work properly because the game mechanics don't allow Sims to travel from one transit lot directly to another.

Is that why I think I've read somewhere that you should leave at least a tile gap between two different transit lots? So the parking lot bumped right up against the bus/rail station won't work properly?

I have the same situation, but TBH, I use parkinglots more for esthetic purposes than functional. If they use it, well hell, that's just a bonus.

Of course I use NAM. I can't get a picture i'm on mobile right now. But if what you say is true, then no wonder if it isn't working since i put it on my commercial district. >.<

Seriously, the commercial district isn't the place for parking lots.  They should be near the stations in the residential area.  One thing I found that works is to place them next to a Ped Mall.  The Ped Mall also needs a bus stop to activate it for some reason, but if the back of the mall is a transit station for rail, seems to work fairly well.  And you can have small commercial CS$ lots around the ped mall as service points as well.

Is that why I think I've read somewhere that you should leave at least a tile gap between two different transit lots? So the parking lot bumped right up against the bus/rail station won't work properly?

Most probably.  However, usually such a gap is not necessary.  As long as each transit lot is adjacent to a network (such as a road), the Sims can leave the transit lot, walk on the road, and enter the next transit lot.

One place the gap is needed is in the case of RTMT; you can't put two RTMT stations next to each other in succession, as there is no network for the Sims to use to travel between them.

So it is not gonna work on stadiums too? Well i have no porblem about it being an eye candy. Thanks for the info.

Traffic to and from stadiums isn't simulated anyway. Simcity only simulates residential/work traffic.

Interestingly, the stadiums don't employ any Sims - they're apparently run robotically (which my Firefox spell checker wants to correct as "erotically") - so you don't even have any Sims driving to the stadiums to work.  Sims will drive straight through the parking lots if the can and it helps them get to work faster, though.

I suppose you could add jobs to the stadiums using the Reader, but that seems like a lot of work for small gain.  Event comings and goings are not simulated.

I suppose you could add jobs to the stadiums using the Reader, but that seems like a lot of work for small gain.  Event comings and goings are not simulated.

If we were lucky, it would only take a single good samaritan to mod and upload for the rest of us to benefit.    And no, this doesn't sound like me nominating myself. Though, if I get so compelled one day to do so, I would definitely share it with the community.