Sign in to follow this  
Mary Maurine Mayo

Mary's Art Room

Decided to start things out fresh. I am currently working on two drawings that I started over.

I will post the major updates only .

1st update will be posted soon.

The Prancing Poney Inn

My Mars / Earth Tower

updates coming soon.

Thank you. its hard getting it from my brain to paper but i am trying.

I just got a table for my room to paint so I'm going to try and get things set up again.

I kinda put stuff away after my boyfriend broke up with me couldn't get myself to start painting again.

Looks good. I love to pencil sketch, I drew a skyline of Seattle, WA it is in my room. I'd like to share with you!

Deciduous trees need more attention to detail, lower branches, etc.  But you have a good eye for the scenery.  Looks like very early group of 7

I looked that up. thanks..

I am working on another chalk drawing trying to learn how to use them. I kinda hate chalk really not very easy to work with and get good details. trying to keep the oil painting down for now till I can save some money to get more of my blue and white paint.

I'll post an update next time I am at the library unless I can get my mobil phone to work right.

pastels... I have never used them before so it's been a challenge to learn to use them now. I got one set of colors from wal mart and another set of colors from Joe Ann Fabrics.

I have got the sky done on my next picture. I am trying to figure out how to do the mountians.. I don't want snow on mine. In my eyes minds I see them with brown hues and green at the bottoms indicating trees.. Printed out some pictures I hope will help me.

the chalk I have is not a soft chalk its kinda hard. seems harder to use.. wish I had the money for my paints would be very nice.

You may want to use a rolled up white blotting paper as a stub.  If you can get it sharpened at one end in a pencil sharpener it makes for great detail touch up and merge tool.  This will work well with pastels, which I have also used, but years ago.

pic2.jpg ok so here is what I have gotton done so far on my new drawing. Nonny I have some of those sticks I got from Wal-Mart. I may try a cotton swab also see how that works out too... If I get time today Ill start that drawing of the pic from the picture thread. skyapt1.jpg this pic....

Mary! Are These YOUR handiwork?  I do acrylic painting myself! 

wow we have an ARTISTE in our midst.  you KNOW Peyton Place could use some culture. a Mayo Art Gallery would be nice!  Youll have to sign or comment in the latest Peyton Place CJ and hit the +1 cj entry . And youre incorporated.   we do quarterly checks to see whose still interested. noninterests or no further post within a quarter, and the property goea back on the block.

id LOVE to put some of your work on exhibit in upcoming episodes!

Let me think about it.

that name sounds familiar.... can ya post me a link

------------------------------------------

I've got the weekend off and if i am feeling better ill do some art work.