Sign in to follow this  
Metalpuritan

Modding the Capacity Satisfied Numbers Using iLive's Reader Tutorial

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

This video is going to show(how easy it is) how to change the capacity satisfied on any given lot(for whatever reason you need to).

There are certain times one would want to change the "capacity satisfied" numbers for a lot.  One of the more common reasons would be that the capacity for a given lot is either set too high or set too low.  Too high and the lot will grow like weeds, it will literally take over whatever district you have zoned, set too low and the lot will rarely if ever grow.  The reason for this is that the SimCity program will try and find the best possible lot to fulfill the demand.  If all the other lots are you have, including the Maxis lots and any other custom content you have downloaded, are set around a certain number, if you have one lot that is set higher than the rest that building will be seen by the program as the best candidate to fill the capacity, conversely if the number is set too low, lower than standard, it will largely be ignored by the program causing to rarely grow if ever at all.

The following video shows you how to alter the 'capacity satisfied' so that you can align these numbers to make the lot you wish to alter more competitive with the other lots you already have.

You will need iLive's Reader for this, and if I need to make any other tutorials, you will likely need iLive's reader for those as well.  The link to iLive's reader is here:  at the LEX(just incase the Simtropolis link becomes broken one day):  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=656

The tutorial as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SqN7Zw1Gk&feature=youtu.be

Now here's one for the omnibus and should be pinned, very clear and near perfect quality. We need more like this of the reader!! Would be nice to have one like this on making the changes of the transit settings in a lot instead of SC4 Tools, which can be a pain in the rear-end at times!

I am not very skilled with the reader at all.  I just know a few very simple changes that can be made, and the question of buildings that grow like weeds happens to be very common and since I know how to do it, I would normally have to type it all out every time someone asks.  Made a tutorial so I can link to it every time I see the question.  The reason for this tutorial might be self serving in a way really, in that it saves me a bunch of typing in the future now I just post the link.

Thanks for the vote though about getting omnibused and pinned.  It is good to know that it came out alright.

I do however wish there was a tutorial for this around when I needed it a while ago.  It would indeed be nice to have video tutorials on all aspects of the iLive's Reader.  Potentially, we could have hundreds of new modders running around assisting in keeping this game alive and well, if only everyone with the knowledge was quick to share it...