Sign in to follow this  
PW.

Stuck at the bridge splash screen

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

PW.    2

I've been searching around for a good hour or two looking for fixes for this. It seems a pretty common problem but with a million different solutions, and I haven't found mine yet. I start it up, and nothing. It sits at that screen forever. Well, for at least an hour, but I closed it after that.

I'm running SimCity 4 Deluxe (1.1.640.0) with the original 2 CD's that it came out with. This is the actual problem, I think. I have multiple CD/DVD drives on my computer, and I don't think the game knows which one I have the CD in. The first drive is D:, the second one is F:, and the third one is G:. My D: drive is broken, and I have CD1 in F: and CD2 in G:. I installed the game perfectly, but it won't run now. If I could get SimCity to know CD1 is in F:, it might very well work. The reason I think this is because I used a no-cd patch and it worked then, but I couldn't install the official patches or NAM with it. Oh, yeah, by the way, I also installed NAM, but it didn't work beforehand either.

Here's my specs:

Processor: AMD A6-3620 APU (4 CPUs) 2.3GHz
Memory: 8192 RAM
Graphics Chip: AMD Raedon HD 6530D (0x964A) 

Also, here's what I have on my SimCity 4 shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CustomResolution:enabled -r1440x900x32 -f -intro:off -CPUPriority:high -CPUCount:1 -d:DirectX -ExceptionHandling:off

OK.  Your command line looks fine.  However, you must have something active plugged into your sound port.  No accelerated sound, no game.  You could try adding -audio:off to your options.

PW.    2
  • Original Poster
  • Alright, I've tried that now, but sadly, it didn't work. Thanks anyways.

PW.    2
  • Original Poster
  • Well, I can't. My D: drive is broken. My other two DVD drives worked to install it, but the game won't load it from there.

This what I mean by "other two DVD drives" in case you were wondering.

HR79Wru.png

It ought to work if you use only disc 2 in one of your CD/DVD drives then. If it doesn't then I have no idea. Because I have tried in the past to run the game from disc 1, but something similar to what you described happened.

The drive letter is insignificant if the play disk (2) is alone in your system.  If the damaged drive is causing problems, remove it from the system (can do this with software, I think).

You could try disabling the troublesome drive using Windows Device Manager. Just type devmgmt.msc in the start menu search, or run dialogue.

Once the manager is open, right click the drive and click "Disable".

PW.    2
  • Original Poster
  • You could try disabling the troublesome drive using Windows Device Manager. Just type devmgmt.msc in the start menu search, or run dialogue.

Once the manager is open, right click the drive and click "Disable".

Well, this did it! Thanks very much.