Sign in to follow this  
emperordaniel

Tree prop problem

I was working on one of my cities, when I noticed this problem:

prob.png

Apparently, some of the tree props on the lots I've been using have disappeared, and/or have been replaced with huge, freakishly ugly apartment buildings. I've seen this crop up on everything from apartment buildings to single-floor commercial restaurants to Maxis parks to custom statues - does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem?

It looks like something you recently downloaded, like an another prop pack, is conflicting with the trees :???:

Did you tried to remove anything you get recently?

You are the one who knows what you downloaded and installed, what trees you are using at all. And since you chose not to tell us, you are the only one who knows. You should also know since when the problem has been in existence, and maybe you can remember what you added to your plugins folder around that time. Taking these files (concerning trees, added around the time the problem first appeared) out of your plugins one after another (each time checking your city for changes) would be the obvious procedure here, and the only one I can recommend without knowing anything more.

Btw, are we talking about lots you downloaded "as is", or did you change them in any way? 

Did you tried to remove anything you get recently?

Taking these files (concerning trees, added around the time the problem first appeared) out of your plugins one after another (each time checking your city for changes) would be the obvious procedure here, and the only one I can recommend without knowing anything more.

I'll probably have to try that, but it may be a little on the impractical side if it turns out it's not specifically a tree prop that's causing the conflict - I've installed at least half a gigabyte of plugins over the last few days, which is about when the problem sprang up. None of the tree-related ones I remember downloading had any listed conflicts, either.  >.<

Btw, are we talking about lots you downloaded "as is", or did you change them in any way?

The former - I haven't touched the Lot Editor in about a year, well before I got my current set of plugins.

Sort your plugins by creation date, then take out the most recent ones to a different folder.  You can now put them back in groups, testing after each add.  When you find the group that is causing trouble, isolate it and repeat testing one by one until you find the problem.

It then becomes a matter of deciding what to do depending on documentation and your own judgement.

Download in haste, repent at leisure.