Sign in to follow this  
ema8_88

Stuck power demand

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi everybody!

Here's the first of a couple of questions i've got on SC4:

Since a long time ago in my biggest city the power demand (azure line in graph) reached the total capacity (blue line), but I never got any warning or power zot on buildings. 

I only buy power from neighbours, i have SC:RH patched but clean (no mods) and this is not the first time i get this 'issue'.

If I rise the power supply from the other cities, the demand rises too but the situation - at the end - doesn't change.

I guess it's a common problem/glitch but i don't know if really changes anything for the city growth or even if it comes from something i did wrong.

What should I do?

Thank you for your help!

Power deals have limits.  The also have increments of 1MW.  In order for a city to purchase additional power the selling city has to have it in excess and the purchasing city has to have a year's funding in the treasury, otherwise nothing will happen.

It is possible to run underpowered for a while.  Take a look at your power display (not the graph).  Blue areas have no power.

I suggest most strongly that you acquire the This huge free expansion pack will make play a lot more interesting.  Use the custom installation option, and choose only what you want to work with.  You can run the installer as often as you want to remove or add things.  Most importantly is the traffic controller that fixes a myriad of problems having to do with the road networks.  The improvement in traffic handling may solve many of your difficulties.

If you continue to have trouble, I suggest a snapshot of your city be displayed here along with any amplifications of your problems.

If you lower the available power from neighbor deals, do you see no-power zots? Does your city get abandonment? If not, then this situation is definitely strange. Otherwise, it may just be that your city was using all the available power and patiently waiting for more power before developing some more. Try searching through the older forum posts; someone else may have seen the exact same thing.

The graph shows the demand matching the availability.  When you increase the power available do more buildings appear or get upgraded?  If not, where is the power going?

ema8_88    0
  • Original Poster
  • I decided to markedly rise the power supply from the neighboring cities: the power usage grew a bit and some new buildings appeared, without any remarkable effects on population. Now the situation is stable, but I've the suspicion that all this have strongly slowed down the city growth.

For other questions should I open new threads?

TY