Sign in to follow this  
stebla

A little help with making look nicer - highway junctions

5 posts in this topic

Currently adding more custom content however a few little things are bugging me :(

1) when making corners on dug points sometimes the split with a line going across level (right corner) and other times the ground seems to split going downwards (top left corner) and so the wall pieces dont site correctly and i have no idea how to correct this as it seems random

2) is there any plain simple walls that will cover under the flyover road/slop transition?

3) How do i stop getting blank medians for the first tile on land from slope?

Cheers for any help/tips

help.jpg'%20border='0'%20alt=

Is it that you don't like the look of how the retaining wall cuts to a 45 degree instead of keeping the 90 degree inner corner? If so, I'm surprised the set didn't come with an inner corner puzzle piece. The one on the left looks like it should have been for a inner corner, but placed upside down.

The one around the stop lights, I'm not sure what's wrong there.

And the bottom section of the Ave, are the two adjacent pieces (playground / parking lot) to the streets. If those are puzzle pieces you've placed there, they might not be set to $$/$$$ to create a proper sidewalk. You might have to find an alternative piece that's set to at least $$ to form the sidewalk on that section. 

EDIT: I need to learn not to respond when in a rush.. lol  

Currently adding more custom content however a few little things are bugging me :(

1) when making corners on dug points sometimes the split with a line going across level (right corner) and other times the ground seems to split going downwards (top left corner) and so the wall pieces dont site correctly and i have no idea how to correct this as it seems random

2) is there any plain simple walls that will cover under the flyover road/slop transition?

3) How do i stop getting blank medians for the first tile on land from slope?

Cheers for any help/tips

1)  There is a mod called the "Diagonal Jagged Edges Slope Mod" that fixes this common problem.  If you Google that name you should find it instantly.  As a side effect, it will make cliff textures appear a lot more, on smoother slopes.  Alternatively, you can plop a GLR puzzle piece above the wall, and that can sometimes fix the slope problem.

2)  Most wall sets have pieces that extend under on-slope roads.  If that particular set doesn't, try another one.

3)  That's just what the pieces look like.  The only way to change it is to mod it yourself.

Now that I've taken more time to understand your post (I think).

Try JPN Walls sets. I do believe in one of the sets, there are overhanging pieces for underneath the flyover.