Sign in to follow this  
Bryan9129

Consumer Electronics Factory will not Tech up! Any help?

Hello everyone, I am trying to work on Consumer Electronics city. I have 2 University buildings directly across the road from my factories. Every morning students stream in and my processor plants fill up to 1,440 tech level right away. I cannot get any tech level increases on my consumer electronics factory however. 

I recently had a third processor factory in that exact same location, I demolished it and built an electronics factory, the processor plant at that location was getting tech just fine.

If anyone has any suggestions for me I would really appreciate it, I am quite vexed.

Spark_2013-08-05_15-36-58.png

Yes it does, when you build it it starts with an initial tech level and then runs out. In previous cities I have had them producing the max 3600x3 with high tech levels, this was a while back, I am not sure if it is bugged now or what or if there is something I am missing.

All I know is that you need to get as many students attending as possible to get that level up beyond that I am as mystified as you. Are you maxing out attendance at the universities?

There clearly isn't a distance issue!

Tech level takes a while to increase.... there isnt any need to have two universities. You can see on the picture that your tech level is non existent.

The electronics factory doesnt tech up as you put it.. if the workers are educated the factory will run more efficiently....

Check your education screen.....

As far as I know, what MayorQuimbie says is partially correct: electronics factories don't 'tech up' like your industrial zones, they just run more efficient the more tech they have stored (education is irrelevent in this case). So you're already running at full capacity as far as I can tell.

Tech is created by a student visiting a college/university. 2 universities with 500 students each will produce the same amount of tech as 1 university with 1000 students. There are only 2 real reasons to build multiple universities/colleges:

1. You reached maximum student capacity.

2. Your college/university is too far for some students to reach so you want another one to ensure everyone can reach a college/university.

I doubt you need your second university.

I also have a question: I have been unable to see my knowledge network. I noticed it's invisible in the picture as well. Anybody knows why this happends?

reReticulated Spline, that is my issue too. What happens, as you could see when the grid was visible before, is each hour, with students in the university, the tech level spreads, when the university closes for the day, the tech level in my processor plants falls from 1,440 to 960 ( in each unit ) then when the university opens again for the morning and students attend, depending on how many students another X tech level pumps out of the univeristy and raises a few of the units back to max. 

As such, throughout the day, they will cap back out and that cycle will repeat. I had two because it appears that each hour with 4,000 students in the university it only pumps 2 or so more units back up to max tech level. I was trying to go for number 1 electronics board so I was going to have dozens of factories, I was thinking that I would need a bunch of universities with the built- in students from the dorms to push all of the factories back to max, which is indeed the case, the processor factories have their tech level pushed back to 1,440 faster if I have both universities running.

All that said, the tech level on the electronics plant starts at 1,800 or some such, and it falls by day, in the same fashion as the processor plant, by the end of 2 days though, they are down to 0 tech level and producing 1,200 crates \ unit \ day. So by tech up, I don't mean like dirty industry > medium > high tech, but when you are in the tech overlay, you can see a bar showing the tech level of the units, and they fall over night, as referenced above. 

Now a few months ago, I was playing more casually and I had a university near an electronics factory and it had the tech levels maxing out each day, the only issue I had then was the processing line had to be touching the road, so you could only get 3 on each factory, but now the tech grid doesn't show up and those factories don't get any tech. When I saw that the purple grid line was gone, I figured it was bugged, but it is still working fine with the processor plants.

Hopefully that offers some more clarification.