Sign in to follow this  
Rayin

Levelling terrain using street tiles

I'm new to the game and watching the "build a city from scratch" series from Haljackey (thank you very much, I finally am getting to grips with the RHW!)  Trying to use street tiles to level the terrain but they won't level in the way that they do in Haljackey's videos. It turns red and says terrain is too steep (or something to that effect).  I have Ennedi slope mod installed (have tried the medium and mountain versions). Any recommendation as the street tiles look like they could be really useful for levelling? Should I remove the mod while levelling and then put it back when not levelling?   That seems like a lot of faff though!

I've found that when I try to flatten and level terrain using the street tool, starting at separate points and then trying to connect them usually won't work. You should start at one point where the terrain is at the level you want. From there, keep laying a new piece of street and spread out. Otherwise, you are at risk of your terrains not being able to connect due to a very small difference in the leveling.

<>

That's actually not the case. Using the ESM, you have to use the Road Tool. It won't work with the Street Tool because it's how the ESM was programmed.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't try this. Thanks, it works perfectly :)