• Announcements

• Dirktator

An appeal for your support: Help us keep the STEX up and running   11/06/2015

Hi Community, this is a public appeal for help to keep the STEX up and running! We currently need your help to offset some of our operational costs and upgrades! As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated the last couple weeks -- we really appreciate it!
    • Dirktator

Updates in progress... Please stand by...   01/22/2016

We're still in the middle of updating things, please bear with us! Some things may appear strange or not quite working right - we're working on it!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trgs

SCTweak

116 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Been wondering around these forums for some time, untill I came acrosse post made by Pygma.
Kinda liked the idea, so I started working one some new tool to make life easier.

SCTweak allowes you to create all of those tunnels and overpasses etc, without having to close SimCity or edit any file. However be aware that this app is still in very, very early developement and requires a lot of work (obviously...).

Don't want to make a to long story out of this, please let me know if it works for you.. or not.

Instructions:

• Download the latest version: TinyUpload Mega btn_donate_SM.gif
  • Start as administrator
  • Click start button when SimCity 5 is running
  • Select a road height from the drop-down
  • Draw a small "test" piece of road to apply new height settings

Hints:

• Increasing speed > 5 could cause simulation issues (check your sewage flow, depends on city size)
  • Tunnel option does not work on the edges of the map, this is not fixable

Release notes:

• R7 Support for patch 6.0 (TinyUpload Mega)
  • R6 Added HotKeys, added speed mod, tuned some road types (TinyUpload Mega)
  • R5 Updated to support latest SimCity patch 5.0 (TinyUpload Mega)
  • R4 Updated values for tunnels, improve shutdown behavior (TinyUpload Mega)
  • R3 No longer required to reload, just draw a small "test" piece for height settings to be applied. (TinyUpload Mega)
  • R2 4.0 update, "Always on top", extra debug logging (TinyUpload Mega)
  • R1 rewrote to a c++ debugger based patcher (TinyUpload Mega)
  • R0 non-functional

Having issues? Please provide me the following info:

• What OS you are using
  • Game version
  • Game language
  • Log text from the tool
  • Description of the issue (when, where, how?)

btn_donate_LG.gif Buy me a beer! :)

Please Note:
Some antivirus tools seem to give a false positive on this file.
Ofcourse any scammer would state that this file is completely safe to use and so will I:
"This file does not contain any form of malware. Don't download if you do not trust it"

10 people like this

I am assuming the Injector.gen!r is a false positive, though I cant seem to find anything that has mentioned that being brought up as a false

It's nonobfuscated C# you can just check the source code if you like :)

AV's tend to give false positives on any type of memory loader. Don't use it if you don't trust it.

Doesnt seem to work on my end either. The program launches and i can apply but ingame it doesnt change anything

I look forward to your advancements if you get it working

R1 released, rewrote all of the bloatware.. patcher is a bit smarter now, check it out!

edit: figured it out, your megaupload link for r1 is still r0

1 person likes this

Yay! Finally! +_+ I've been waiting for something like this :D

1 person likes this

Great job Trg, works as mentioned! This makes overpassing incredibly easy swapping between cities.

11QBPpA.jpg

WOO HOOO :) .. i'm so gonna use it tonight.. thanks

Could you add hotkey functionality?

Thank You so much!!!!! :)

Would be great to see this implemented by a dev officially? (maybe a green up arrow and a red down arrow?) 

trgs ,,,  best MOD/FIX/THING so far! 

ps, thanks pygma also

doesn't want to work for me

so i think i must be doing something wrong

<edit> reloaded all programs i'm using r1 . still no joy

Please let me know more about your environment:

- What OS are you running?

- Game version

- Game language

- And the logs from the tool

It could also be blocked blocked by your antivirus, please look in to that.

Yay this looks awesome! Glad someone could push it further, i dont find time and knowledge atm. :) Thats great!

edit: doesnt work for me either. R0 gave an error while R1 runs, but it does with no effect in the game.

starting debugger thread...
thread running...

-> win8 x64

-> Build Description: SimCity PL Shipping Data Build
Build Version: 263911426 / 13.05.13_13.43.46
Changelist Number: 745806

Please let me know more about your environment:

- What OS are you running?

- Game version

- Game language

- And the logs from the tool

It could also be blocked blocked by your antivirus, please look in to that.

I figured it out COMPLETELY but it was more trial and error and frustration

#1 load simcity

#2 Load your city

#3 Start the SCTweak R1 NOTHING OTHER and click START

#4 Select your Road

#5 Select Road Type you wish to use

#6 got to REGION MAP

#7 go to a  second sity and LOAD IT COMPLETELY as if you were going to play

#8 go to REGION MAP

#9 go back to your ORIGINAL BLANK OR REAL CITY YOU WISH TO EDIT

#10 NOW draw your road it it will FINALLY understand #4

REPEAT ABOVE STEPS other than #1 2 and 3 even to get to DEFAULT road types

This part is for trgs

suggestion is there a way to populate current map height where your cursor is? to help with referencing height values?  i could never get a tunnel to build on a flat surface like prosc could.. and i was able to get most of it to work on roads and even create a fake double decker to safe real estate in and out of the city to create a long enterence to a circle

1 an 2 values for tunnel and over crossing whats the difference?

i do not yet understand the values..

need to finish a map i started last night..  other than that it does work.. but i was not going through enough steps.. and i think thats going to be everyones fault for just not getting it unless they try and play play play

thank you :)

my suggestions would be what do the numbers mean is 1 the type of road? and never can be changed? and the ohter the value of offset from current terrain? so is there a way to popuplate cursor point to know what your reference is and then tell it to shift accordingly from that point?

jeff

AT THIS POINT YOU HA

@xoxide, good to hear that you got it to work. I will be looking into making it more user friendly by trying to find a way to change road type without having to reload the map. This has my priority right now.

The predefined values definitely need some changes. I just defined some "rough" values as a proof of concept.

I would like to ask you all to play around with the custom settings and give me some feedback on possible improvement (would be awesome!).

Yay this looks awesome! Glad someone could push it further, i dont find time and knowledge atm. :) Thats great!

edit: doesnt work for me either. R0 gave an error while R1 runs, but it does with no effect in the game.

thread running...

-> win8 x64

It might be the same issue as xoxide was having. Try his approach:

#1 load simcity

#2 Load your city

#4 Select your Road

#6 got to REGION MAP

#8 go to REGION MAP

My instructions might have been insufficient, currently I'm trying to find a way to apply these patches without having to reload the maps.

Thanks again for finding the offsets to alter the roads! Without them I would not have made this.. :)

This looks interesting; I'll have a pop at it later too.

Great job man ! gonna try it later as well.

Thx for the work you put into it.

thread running...

-> win8 x64

It might be the same issue as xoxide was having. Try his approach:

#1 load simcity

#2 Load your city

#4 Select your Road

#6 got to REGION MAP

#8 go to REGION MAP

My instructions might have been insufficient, currently I'm trying to find a way to apply these patches without having to reload the maps.

Thanks again for finding the offsets to alter the roads! Without them I would not have made this.. :)

Thanks. Ill try it on the weekend. Awesome if this works. :) Im happy you made this.

edit: just checked it out. and it works. :) saves a lot of time. :)

R3 should be even better, it's no longer required to reload the map!

Just draw a small "test" piece for the changes to be applied.

Found out that it's actually the view port that's been changing. Please try out some custom values as well and let me know if you found better offsets.

1 person likes this

Oh wow this is even faster. Thats amazing trgs!

only issue? I think the always ontop button even though it appears checked on startup doesnt seem to be actually Always on top, rechecking it  set it to always on top though.

R3 should be even better, it's no longer required to reload the map!

Just draw a small "test" piece for the changes to be applied.

Found out that it's actually the view port that's been changing. Please try out some custom values as well and let me know if you found better offsets.

have not gotten to use it yet .. having laucher issues.. trying to repair

but did open your app saw the added always on top :) thanks

but fyi you didn't put a R3 rev in the to note that its correct .. how about a little (help) with some quickies for people? bubble? just another thought

i'm looking forward to trying it out tonight

with 4

thanks again for your mod and helping by adding features

jeff

so far version 3 works better than anything and perfectly

can we add a selection for sunken roads like opposite of elevated as a built in option..

please please..

however first time use .. always above.. select road draw change draw .. only sometimes it will get stuck you have to do a default .. default.. select road / default again to get it to ground level

jeff

SIDE EFFECT HAHA not bad just note

if you select a zone and you have your mod in place it trys to use the values against the item selected NOT JUST ROADS :) my zone ended up a mile above ground

This is similar to how pygma's mod works. Everything is elevated not just roads.