Sign in to follow this  
SSSJDanny

Water FAQ?

So I was Wondering If There was a Wiki or something revealing How Much Water Certain Buldings?

Example: I have Only a Small amount of Water Available on my Land, I have Pumps Working (and I'm also Buying from the Region). I Decided to Install A Nuclear Power Plant before i knew it my Water Pumps Dried Out...

I would like to see if there is someway to know how much Resident, Industrial, Commercial, or Specail Building water usage is.

Edit:

Lol I just Saw this Comment On IGN

"Nuclear Power Plant consumes 80 units of water, though is not specified anywhere"

Edited by SSSJDanny

The best solution for bigger cities is to put sewage treatment plant right next to water pumping station. Sewage is cleaned and put back into ground - your water will never run out, you can do it on completly dry ground.

Don't know about specific values for every building.

gmart530's comment isn't actually true. Having water pumps near natural bodies of water does not provide unlimited water. The way to get unlimited water is to create a feedback loop with Sewage Treatment or Outflow Pipes (I suggest Sewage Treatment) and water pumps. Your sewage treatment or outflow pipes takes your sewage and puts it back into the ground either as clean ground water (if you use sewage treatment) or dirty water (if you use outflow pipes). A water pump on top of where those facilities output their water will pump it back in to your city.

gmart530's comment isn't actually true. Having water pumps near natural bodies of water does not provide unlimited water. The way to get unlimited water is to create a feedback loop with Sewage Treatment or Outflow Pipes (I suggest Sewage Treatment) and water pumps. Your sewage treatment or outflow pipes takes your sewage and puts it back into the ground either as clean ground water (if you use sewage treatment) or dirty water (if you use outflow pipes). A water pump on top of where those facilities output their water will pump it back in to your city.

Yep, I have found this to be the best method.  I only create one water tower and one sewage outflow when I start a new city.  Then once I get going and I start to need more sewage I drop the sewage treatment plant out in a location where I want my utilities.  Does not matter if there is water there or not.  Once the sewage treatment plant goes for a bit the water table will start to fill up.  Then you can drop your water pump and you are good to go.  Just make sure you give the plants enough room to grow. :)

Delete your sewage outflow when you drop your treatment plant and delete your water tower when you drop the water pump to save cash and cut down on ground water pollution in the area of the outflow. Plant trees to remove any lingering pollution.  If you have to put them in a polluted area you can use the water treatment pump instead of the regular water pump for the same effect except it costs way more.