Sign in to follow this  
leavebeaver2me

Streets around Events Center and Pro Stadium

Does anyone else hate the pre-built streets that come built around the events center and stadium? They are difficult to match up to my existing roads system leading to mismatched intersections and you can't zone or plop anything connected to them leading to unnecessary parallel roads. If the developers wanted to connect the parking lots to the front road, they should have just made more parking garages. For the sake of two small parking lots beside the Pro Stadium the streets that take up more than 5 times the space around the stadium it's really not worth it.

Just place your streets far enough away from the stadium to allow businesses to spawn around it.

Easy squeezy.

So reconfigure even more of your city's layout just to fit these huge buildings? oO

It is extremely annoying. I like to have my streets evenly lining up. Not only that but because of the small city sizes in SC2013 it's critical that you utilize every last bit of space. I have not put a pro-stadium in any of my cities just because of the size of it.

Oh god yeah, the train one is the worst. I've had pedestrians.. thousands of them.. walk in loops of the forced crosswalks.

When I first started running events at my pro stadium in one of my bigger cities, I had a solid mass of peds walking that loop for DAYS before they eventually cleared out of the city

Agree it is terribly stupid.

Same goes for the road for the train station and ferry dock.

At least with the train station and dock you can delete portions of the road without deleting the station. The stadium you are stuck  with the useless roads  around 3 sides.

Yeah it's highly annoying, but manageable, thankfully, as you can connect those roads. Still hugely frustrating at times though. I find the trainstation/ferry ones worse, though.