Sign in to follow this  
cfd1992

Non abandoned but not playing cities

Hi, I started a region allowing it to be accessed by anyone. My (first) city took a while to develop but has now reached its limit. I wanted to interact more with all the cities in the region - I now realise this inst actually possible as your limited to your nearest neighboring cities. 

My issue is that all three neighboring cities haven't been played in two weeks, one is fully built to the limit and super rich the other (owned by the same person) is empty and the other one is hardly formed. But non have been played in two weeks and this is effecting my city with crime and commuter issues. As my city is tourist and gamboling focused its not working to well.

Is there anyway to get rid of these cities ? Or am I trapped unless they remember to abandon them?

i havent come across an answer to this either im afraid...last time this happened to me i deleated the region and started again! (bit drastic i know!!) you just have to hope that the next region you start up brings in people who play nearly every day!.

I had this happening in my region too.. The only thing you can do is friend them or start a chat on origin asking them to abandon the city.. Some left my region and I could take on the towns.. But now I'm the mayor of 7 out of 16 cities which wasn't the original purpose.. Some where running ok and some where really in bad shape.. So I demolished everything shipped 5mio simlons and started from scratch :)

If anyone wants to take on a city you're more than welcome..

Hi, I started a region allowing it to be accessed by anyone. My (first) city took a while to develop but has now reached its limit. I wanted to interact more with all the cities in the region - I now realise this inst actually possible as your limited to your nearest neighboring cities. 

Wait, so a gambling city or university city is only useful to the city(s) either side of it, and not any other city in the same region, at all? "what exactly do you mean by interact more"?

does this mean if i have a gambling city 4 regions away from another city no gamblers will come from that city? wouldn't this also mean no crime or other effects?

you easily see that when you look on the region overview only those 4 or 5 cities (in a 16 region) which have a river, train or highway connection interact with each other.. all the cities you can't gift good wont interfere with your city..