Sign in to follow this  
cyruskafaiwu

Simcity price is already reduced.

EA sympathizers will say lack of sales has to do with people stuck in traffic, unable to get to the store to purchase a copy...

Why's there so much garbage uncollected in my city? "oh because the 4 garbage trucks are doing circles around a medium sized avenue rather than collect garbage...

I've also had 29 moving trucks doing circles, I'm surprised it didn't cause a traffic jam :P

First there were server bugs so a lot of people couldn't play...

Now that people are playing they are finding so many in game bugs, that it frustrates them to not want to play...

I've never lost a city because of the server, but I've quit many cities because of in game bugs...sucks when you put a lot of hours into a city, then have it ruined because of stupid bugs... :P

Reduced price for something after it comes out is hardly new.

It is in 2-3 weeks for a AAA title. Very unusual I would say. Amazon issued me a $20 credit after requesting it.

+Guest Joel Jose   
Guest Joel Jose

Piece of CRAP...

I'll wait for the modders to do their magic to it and maybe it'll be worth smelling (it'll still be crap).

Reduced price for something after it comes out is hardly new.

Indeed...

Please indulge me, I'm not buying games that often... however -

* if it is 'normal' that a triple A title is reduced by 33% barely 3 weeks after release;

* if everybody knew an always online game will have massive problems for the first few days;

* if everybody knew that a whole bundle of patches will be needed to get the game to "playing condition"...

Why on earth was everybody so rushed to pre-order or buy or download on Day One? I'm absolutely nonplussed by this.

Some times you can find Walmart or Amazon lower prices of brand new game to lure more shopper to browse their store or website. Basically they hope you buy other stuff that makes up whatever they lose on the game. But sometimes it's just a fire sale because it cost Amazon to store products in their warehouse and they just want to get rid of it. 

I think Amazon had it with EA's nonsense and just want to get rid of their SimCity inventory at this point. It would be interesting to see EA and Amazon's relationship play out since EA basically torpedoed Amazon's customer service by providing a faulty game. 

I wouldn't say it's normal for AAA titles to get a price reduction so quickly, Skyrim was at full price for at least six months and plenty of good games released months ago are still at full price, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Far Cry 3. Price drop is just trying to goad people into buying this game despite all it's criticisms and honestly, $40 is what it should've been at launch, it was so not a $60 game.