Sign in to follow this  
Hybr1d

Started playing today... have some questions

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

1 - I've filled up my city within a about 2 hours.  I have all of the nesecary things for a city... fire, police, health, sewage, garbage, water, power, education ( grade school, high and community college ). How long will it take for my city to move into higher density and get skyscrapers? I think at the moment I have about 15,000 residents.

2 - My high wealth residents are abandoning even though I have a high land value where they are. Why is this?

3 - If I have a city specializing in education, with the other cities commute to my city to go to a high school, college or university?

4 - Is it a good idea to have a balance of wealth types? Is having high wealth every where a good thing or bad?

Density of buildings is determined by the street.    You cannot have skyscrapers on dirt/low/medium density roads.  You need high density roads.

Residential areas will upgrade density by their happyness, they get that from a combination of things like shopping, parks, nearby buildings that have built in $$ (such as Mayor's mansion, fire and police).   The happier they are, the quicker they expand.

High wealth will abandon if they cannot shop or find work.

Good idea to have balance of wealth types.   Cannot have all high wealth, as buildings such as water, power, schools etc require low wealth workers.   Though I guess if you have other cities in the region, these workers could come in by mass transit.

Yep, so long as there is a road connection. If you have the Department of Education, it will allow you to place the school bus stops in any city in the region, and the school busses from City A, where the schools are, will pick up kids from Cities B/C/D. :)

Hybr1d    20
  • Original Poster
  • If I have a demand for commerce and I don't have any room in my city to expand, could I zone commercial in a different city and have city A commute to city B to shop and work?

If I have a demand for commerce and I don't have any room in my city to expand, could I zone commercial in a different city and have city A commute to city B to shop and work?

Yes, I believe. If there are jobs available in another city and a shortage/demand in another, Sims will commute to that city. The same principle applies with education, I think.